Rugby League: NRL Round 23

Hi Guys, Any thoughts on this weeks NRL Handicaps below.....

Friday 12 August 2005
sp.gif Home Away Hcap Tie
sp.gifParramatta Eels v Canterbury Bulldogs (10:30 BST) -8+10 0small_inact.gifsp.gif
Saturday 13 August 2005
sp.gifMelbourne Storm v NZ Warriors (08:30 BST) -6.5+8 0small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifCanberra Raiders v South Sydney Rabbitohs (10:30 BST) -5.5+8 0small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifSydney Roosters v Cronulla Sharks (10:30 BST) 0+4 0small_inact.gifsp.gif
Sunday 14 August 2005
sp.gifWests Tigers v North Qld Cowboys (05:30 BST) -2+4 0small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifBrisbane Broncos v St G-Illawarra Dragons (06:00 BST) 0+2.5 0small_inact.gifsp.gif
sp.gifNewcastle Knights v Manly Sea Eagles (06:00 BST) -4+6 0small_inact.gifsp.gif
At first glance Brisbane off scratch and the Tigers (-2) at home stand out for me. No concrete reasons really for Brisbane.......however the Tigers seem to be the in-form side in the NRL at the moment, recording some impressive wins on the road. The have named an unchanged side to face the Cowboys and will be gunning for their 7th straight win, shaping up very nicely for a serious title challenge. With players like Marshall & Hodgson playing at the top of their game I think they have the beating of the Cowboys. I understand they have a terrible record against the Cowboys winning just two of the 10 previous meetings. However trends were made to be broken!! I am not as strong on the NRL, therefore I ask.................................... What do our NRL followers think?

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 23 Im tempted to back Brisbane. I strongly fancy them to beat anybody at home and they are looking more like the Brisbane of old this season. St George are in outstanding form at present and many are tipping these two sides to contest the Grand Final. I predict the Broncos to bounce back from the reversal at Manly to win a close game.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.