My Horrible Play

PompeyPunt

Started playing poker a few weeks ago, thought i had developed decent basic skills, but now a huge downtrend has happened, hitting into the wins, I feel alot of this is due to me playing some hands absolutely horribly. This just happened about an hour ago, and i know jezza and a few others in here are good players, and wouldn't mind an analysis of my play if possible, and i dont mind if you tell me how ugly it is, i just wanna learn to play better. $25 PL Texas Hold'em - Monday, August 08, 13:59:47 EDT 2005 svp11 posts small blind [$0.10]. PompeyPunt posts big blind [$0.25]. ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to PompeyPunt [ Tc Th ] Newspaper calls [$0.25]. jimmy6469 folds. KnallFall folds. Korkiraly folds. Allanb555 folds. RileyC22 calls [$0.25]. ohiomarge folds. YehTchangMe folds. svp11 calls [$0.15]. PompeyPunt checks. ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2h, Ts, 4d ] svp11 checks. PompeyPunt bets [$0.25]. Newspaper calls [$0.25]. RileyC22 folds. svp11 folds. ** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ] PompeyPunt checks. Newspaper bets [$1.50]. PompeyPunt raises [$3]. Newspaper calls [$1.50]. ** Dealing River ** [ 8d ] PompeyPunt bets [$3]. Newspaper raises [$10]. PompeyPunt is all-In [$10.39] Newspaper calls [$3.39]. Newspaper shows [ Td, Kd ] a flush, ace high. PompeyPunt doesn't show [ Tc, Th ] three of a kind, tens. Newspaper wins $32.58 from the main pot with a flush, ace high. This is just one of quite a few (although the worst to date) of hammerings i am taking, on hands i should surely be looking to take down the whole pot? I had played about 2500 hands without getting into much trouble, now it seems my play is.

Re: My Horrible Play I would have made a preflop raise . You were last to act and a preflop raise would have got rid of the person in the small blinds therefore leaving you heads up. And a Pocket Pair Heads up is a strong hand. Then after seeing the flop would have moved all in. Not saying mines the correct play. But thats how I would have Played it.

Re: My Horrible Play I knew the flush draw was there, but to be honest i just thought he was betting an ace, as thats when he started to get excited on the turn. I guess that is where my game is going so wrong, not being in a position to put someone on a hand?