Buick Open Us Tour Golf

Last week ended in a bit of a disaster, All the rags I went for were pretty much out of it after round one. But Kenny Perry was sitting handily place after round one and was as low as 2-1 to win the tourney with some bookies. He did nothing over the weekend but still looked nailed on for a top 5 finish and an EW return to cover my stakes for the week and make a small profit. But he played the last half a dozen holes pathetically and missed out . So maybe he was running on empty after all. But on to this week and we have the Buick Open. A strong field and I suppose Woods really should piss this but I cant be backing him. The Warwick Hills course should favour players with good GIR stats, with the players in the top 10 in GIR for this in recent years figuring at the top of the leaderboard. Despite Warwick Hills featuring greens that average 8,000 square feet, which is 2,000 more than the average greens size on the professional tours. Navigating them isn’t that demanding; their subtle undulations can be tricky but not exceedingly so. Also, course form should be very pivotal in deciding who should go well. I have found it difficult this week as I have amassed a huge short list of players (mostly rank outsiders), which I am struggling to whittle down as they are all as bad as each other !! I better get this one out of the way early, I’m going to give Lucas Glover another try. His recent form is not very good with a couple of missed cuts, but he has taken a break and hopefully is coming back in good shape. His only other attempt on this course saw him finish 61st. But he is ranked well in the GIR stats and I just think this course should suit him down to the ground. He can be a little wayward off the tee and still has makeable shots onto the green and his poorish putting shouldn’t handicap him too much. The problem will come if he is too wayward, but the odds are worthy of a gamble. 150-1 General Next up is Glen Day. His last three starts on tour are 66,13,9. So he is going in the right direction atleast. His course form reads 24,WD,14. So obviously he plays well on this course and is enjoying his best spell on tour for some time. He is only one of the reserves for this, so may end up not playing, but obviously money will be returned if he doesn’t. 200-1 Sporting Odds Brian Gay has recent form of 3,21,WD,29. 3 top 30s out of four which isn’t bad. His course form is mightly impressive, 24,6,2,6. 200-1 Sporting odds Another rank outsider, Hank Kuehne. Came close to winning a few weeks ago, finishing second in the tourney which JL Lewis threw away (the idiot!) And did ok in his last outing, coming 47th. With 2 top 25’s in his last 2 visits to this course, he may have a chance of sneeking an EW return. 150-1 General Finally we have Jeff Sluman. Recent improving form of 66,59,3 and very consistent course form of 6,12,14,21,28,33. Again just hoping that his current form and playing on a course he has done well on can inspire him to glory. 66-1 General

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.