Rugby League - National League 1 & 2

National League One Batley v Halifax (-10) Hull K R v Doncaster (+16) Rochdale v Barrow (+24) Whitehaven v Featherstone (+26) Castleford v Oldham (+24) National League Two London Skolars v Keighley (-10) Blackpool v Swinton (-14) Workington v Dewsbury (-2) York v Gateshead (+18) Saw on the NRL thread a bit of interest in NL 1 & 2. As I've mentioned before, I've got a season ticket at Featherstone so know quite a bit about this league. Seen a few of the NL2 clubs in the Northern Rails cup aswell. Quite surprisingly, Will Hill have been quite close with their handicaps all throughout the season so not many obvious mistakes to exploit. Batley vs 'Fax - Batley at home are always tough opponants, they are down near the foot of the table and need a couple of points. Halifax are hard team to predict, they have a good coach, good away support (in terms of NL1) and on paper should beat Batley. They stuffed Whitehaven last time out. H'KR vs Donny - Hull KR on red hot form at the moment, think they have 8 wins on the trot under sicne Webster took temporay charge (he is their scrum half, only 25 I think from Aus). Doncaster, again on paper have a very good side with ex super league players such as Martin Moana and Graham Holroyd but in reality on the park are only average. They are a tough, dirty side though and there is some "history" between these two sides. Obviously Hull KR will prevail and virtually have a full time squad. If anything, it might be a bit closer than the bookies think. Rochdale vs barrow, Rochdale had a good win last game over Cas and Bobbie Goulding (player coach) seems to be doing a good job. They haven't really got any big names apart from Goulding himself but seem a useful team. Barrow are virtually already down and many of their players have recently been signed from amateur clubs. Yet again though, bookies have called it apart right:wall My team Fev face Whitehaven, Fev have only won two games this season, both away from home but they haven't got a prayer tomorrow. We have 11 players out injured, hardly no team spirit and trying to avoid relegation :( We have appointed a new coach in David Hobbs. Ex Rovers player who did a decent job at Bradford, Wakefield and as football manager at Halifax when they finished 3rd in Super dooper league. He only met the players last night but his brother has been at the club for the past two seasons so he should be pretty clued up. Only one winner, Whitehaven. They have good chance of scoring more than 24 points than Rovers too. But a new coach might give the players :spank As for NL2, I'd expect Dewsbury beat Workington by a greater margin than two points. Sorry for the lack of tips, been off form lately with everything. Some information for you all!

Re: Rugby League - National League 1 & 2 My thoughts on this weekends NL 1 & 2 games Halifax are great value to beat Batley by more then 10 points Hull KR will beat Doncaster, but it'll be closer then 16 points - last time we played them they raced into a 18-0 lead, they have a few of their key players back where we're missing quite a few - Michael Smith, our goal kicker Gareth Morton, Dale Holdstock, Ally McClarron, Jason Netherton, Paul Parker and Phil Hasty. I fancy Rochdale to run up a cricket score against Barrow I'd back Fev with a 26 point start - mainly because of how players react to a new coach Castleford v Oldham is a tricky one - Cas have lost 2 on the trot including last weeks loss in the National Rail final happy.gif so they'll be keen to get back to winning ways, they'll win this one - but i'm going to have a small wager on the draw with Oldham having a 24 point start, odds of around 16/1 As for NL2, London Skolars beat Keighley 15-12 today, Swinton to win by more then 14, Workington to beat Dewsbury, and York to beat Gateshead by more then 18

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.