G.Footie - 17th July

Well, The Leinster G. Footie final this weekend sees Dublin pitted against "outsiders" Laois, while the latest round of qualifiers is also up for play. My thoughts in a later post - and I think there is a couple of unfancied teams who may suprise most the pundits. But first prices, courtesy of Boyle Sports; W/D/W Odds; Dublin 5/6 vs Laois 5/4 - Draw 13/2 Monaghan 1/3 vs Louth 3/1 - Draw 7/1 Derry 4/7 vs Limerick 7/4 - Draw 7/1 Meath 4/6 vs Cavan 6/4 - Draw 7/1 Sligo 4/7 vs Clare 7/4 - Draw 7/1 Handicap Odds; Dublin (-1 Pt) 6/5 vs Laois (+1 Pt) 5/6 Monaghan (-3 Pts) 10/11 vs Louth (+3 Pts) Evs Derry (- 2 Pts) vs Limerick 7/4 (+2 Pts) 5/6 Meath (-2 Pts) 11/10 vs Cavan (+2 Pts) 10/11 Sligo (-2 Pts) 10/11 vs Clare (+2 Pts) 11/10 Any thoughts welcome - will be back with my ideas later this afternoon - but I like the odds on Limerick, especially good with a handicap and I think Laois are very nicely priced, primarily due to all the money placed on Dublin by "the Dubs". Laois are definitely favourite with most Irish people who have an objective, unbiased view of G. Footie - my opinion is also slightly unfortunate as I have Dublin down in a provincial accy running from the season's start - along with Kerry (have won) and Armagh (in replay).

Re: G.Footie - 17th July Ok All - Here are my thoughts. Bae aware the last two weeks my tipping had not been great - so I'd advise not lumping on any one tip in particular icon_smile.gif Dublin vs Laois 5/4 (and +1 Pt @ 5/6) Here is a match that is not priced correctly - Laois are overall a better team than Dublin - and went a long way to demonstrating this when they demolished Kildare in the semi final. Laois have reached thefinal for the third year in a row, winning two years ago and loosing last year to Westmeath by 2 points (I think). Dublin have not looked any better than the last couple of years - they won well vs a poor Longford team and since then narrowly beat Meath in a tight game before have a hard fought win over Wexford - Wexford then got suprisingly IMO dumped out last week in the qualifiers, throwing a bit of additional doubt on how good Dublin's performances really have been to date. Laois IMO are very strong in midfield and up front and I believe midfielders such as Clancy will lord it in midfield, leaving Laois with the majority of the possession. I think it's simple enough - if Laois play to their potential they will win - but Dublin are notorious for getting late goals and stealing unlikely wins. Value is definitely with Laois who have no significant worries ahead of the match. Confindence; Laois 5/4 (7.5/10) Laois (+1 Pt) @ 56 (9/10)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.