Twenty20 Cup

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Twenty20 Cup So ... what did we learn about that load of pap. Durham only made 130 against Derby ... Leicester won and yes without big contributions from Maddy & Ackerman so they must be hot against Derby. Oppose Gloucester at every opportunity.. next up Worcester. Lancashire look strong along with Surrey. Initial thoughts?

Re: Twenty20 Cup Definitely agree on Leicester. Surrey must have played very well to beat such a strong Kent side with such ease. Looks like the usual suspects again this year. Wouldn't give up on Kent though, think they'll still go well.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Glamorgan just sneaked home on wickets lost...bastards :lol Somerset 183ao (18.3) Glammy 183-8 Leics 147-5 Notts 143-8 Derby 134-4 Durham 130-7 Hants 192-7 Middx 210-6 Kent 140-8 Surrey 141-3 (16) Northants 224-5 (new record) Gloucs 143 Sussex 110-1 Essex 109ao (14) Worcs 177-7 Warks 176-9 Yorks 165-7 Lancs 166-5 I agree with Leics at Derby next as well. Thing about Kent is, that if Middx beat Surrey tomorrow, Kent play Middx saturday & if they won that its all systems go, now maybe the time to get on them cos I still think they'll qualify TBH. Middx look strong & my 2 outsiders, Sussex & Northants had very comfortable wins to open up, & Northants didnt play Martin Love !! Fancy Middx & Somerset tomorrow I think

Re: Twenty20 Cup Well, I reckon if Love is to come back in, & Shafayat & Sales & the others keep that up, I think they can do well. This is realistically the one trophy they can win, & Wessels has them organised well. I can see them giving warks a run for their money on friday.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Fridays odds: Derby 6/5 Leics 8/15 Essex 5/6 Kent 5/6 Gloucs 5/4 Glamorgan 4/7 Hants 11/10 Sussex 4/6 Northants 4/6 Warwicks 11/10 Notts 5/4 Lancs 4/7 First thoughts are: Lancs look good to beat Notts, not that Notts are weak, but they have a poor 1 day record this year & Lancs seem more suited. Warwicks look well over priced to me, I know Northants hit a record score yesterday & I've been banging their drum but thats partly because they were great value @ 25/1 & were vastly under-rated IMO, but for Warwicks to be odds against surprises me. They only lost by 1 run to Worcs & have good batting if slightly weaker bowling, if Brown plays it helps massively. I wouldnt back Northants @ 4/6, I think Stan James have over-reacted here & Warwicks have to be value @ 11/10. I'd say the same about Hants TBH, just not so loudly. Ive thought that Hants arent great in the bottle dept in one dayers this season, & it was a good win for Sussex yesterday but 2 days ago they were the second biggest outsiders & Hants were 12/1 shots, I think Sussex were underated going in to this but 2 wrongs dont make a right & 11/10 on Hants at home seems value again, even though Ive had Sussex outright. On recent form together with last night, you'd think that Glamorgan should win relatively easily against Gloucs, & the bookies agree. Essex/Kent. Essex folded last night for 109 in about 16 overs, & Irani opened & scored high 30s, so it looks like him or Flower or bust. But Cook, Jefferson & Bopara are decnt bats & I'm not sure this will continue. Kent need to win this to have any high hopes of winning the group TBH, & I think theyre strong enough here. Kent have got their toughest opponents Surrey out of the way first, although they do meet again. Dont think Leics should have much trouble beating Derby, but one to swerve I think.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Thursdays games: Surrey are 175-3 off 17.4ovs, so Middx will have to knock off 200 to win it looks. Somerset are 179-6 off 16.5ovs with Blackwell still in but not got many. 210 looks realistic & youve got to think that Hicks got to contribute otherwise Worcs just wont challenge. MJ Wood opened & got 94 off 35 balls with 12 x 4 & 4 x 6 :eek

Re: Twenty20 Cup Surrey 200-3 off their 20. Good score but Middx scored over that yesterday, although granted they were batting first. With only 3 wickets down you have to feel that Surrey should be out of sight here, & with 200 Middx have a chance, although obviously Surrey are favourites. Somerset 210-6 off 20ovs. Dont fancy Worcs here, reckon Hickys got to ton or damn close

Re: Twenty20 Cup Fridays results: Leics 137all out, Derby 143-5. Hants v Sussex abandoned Glamorgan 128-9, Gloucs 132-3 off 17.1 Notts 198-5, Lancs 106 off 17.5 Northants 143-5 off 14ovs, Warwicks 105-8 Essex 132-6 off 12 ovs, Kent 103-4 Saturday odds: Glamorgan 5/6 v Warwicks 5/6 Kent 5/6 v Middx 5/6 Surrey 8/13 v Hants 6/5 Sundays odds: Essex 5/6 v Sussex5/6 Gloucs 6/5 v Worcs 8/13 Leics 8/11 v Durham Evs Nottsd 11/10 Yorks 4/6

Re: Twenty20 Cup Dave/Swoop - I was just wondering if yesterday's performance has changed your views on Notts? On Paper and trying not to be bias, Notts batting line up looks sound to me. A solid line up consisting of 4-5 genuine allrounders who are all big hitters and can bowl well too. Franks is back for Notts with a bang though he didn't bowl, he smacked 23 runs off 7 balls. Two good overseas stars as well in Fleming and Hussey. Even our fielding was impressive yesterday. We have a few injuries to our bowlers, but we do have strength in depth in that department. Now Notts have remembered how to win at one day cricket, then hopefully we can at least qualify from the group. I am hoping Northants can keep up their momentum, I couldn't believe their outright price at the start with their batting line up (a few Notts old boys there as well) p.s. I won't put the mockers on Notts by tipping them for tomorrow, and I hope you won't either. I will post my views on Sunday's games tomorrow morning. I will be at Trent Bridge to watch Notts play Yorkshire. A few beers then straight off to Rome for me.

Re: Twenty20 Cup I think on evidence so far, Win, its difficult to know what to think on this. Everything Ive touched on 20/20 has gone tits up, for example Surrey lost today. Everybody thought Kent looked strong yet theyve lost 2 & are in trouble again Notts stand a good chance tomorrow, but the others are too close to call TBH, possibly Gloucs at a push. The Ante post market was where the money lies I think, because the bookies priced up on the last 2 years history of 20/20, but by a lot of the players admission, theyve only started talking game plans & tactics this year, which is the third year of 20/20. For instasnce Northants who Ive taken @25/1 have scored big runs in both games so far, & Sussex are making 28/1 look ridiculous, as well as Derby who were generally 33's have won both I think

Re: Twenty20 Cup Warwicks won yesterday to pull some of my money back but I chose the day Surrey lost to back them. Theprices I quoted above were before fridaysresults so Notts have come in to 5/6 the pair & I dont fancy them that much, so Ive had an inkling on Durham today.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Mondays odds: Hants 11/10 Kent 4/6 Lancs 8/11 Leics Evs Somerset 5/6 Glamorgan 5/6 Worcs 5/6 Northants 5/6 I'm not doing well in the 20/20 so I should probably keep my trap shut but with no Warne now for Hants I'd expect Kent to finally get off the mark, but 4/6 on a side with 2 losses from 2 is well short. Lancs/Leics & Somerset/Glamorgan I'd leave alone but I fancy Northants to get another decent score but they havent chased yet.....

Re: Twenty20 Cup Wednesdays odds: Lancs 8/13 Derby 6/5 Middx 4/6 Kent 11/10 Northants 8/11 Somerset Evs Essex 8/11 Hants evs Sussex evs Surrey 8/11 Northants are in to 7/1 3rd favourites now from 25/1. I'm going Lancs, Northants & Surrey which is pretty unimaginative of me.

Re: Twenty20 Cup Lancs 164-8, Derby 98ao off 17.3ovs Kent 144-8 Middx 145-4 off 17.2ovs Northants 95-6 off 12ovs Somerset 97-5 with 1 ball spare Hants 151-9 Essex dnb abandoned Sussex 139-6 off 17ovs, Surrey had 13ovs to score 114 & Azhar Mahmood hit the last 3 balls for 14 to reach 116-5

Re: Twenty20 Cup Notts/Leics: Notts sit at the foot of the table with 2 points but that victory was against Lancs, & they will see this as a must win to stand any chance of progressing. Really 5 wins are needed, but 4 & a good run rate will maybe do, & Notts actually have a positive R/R, so all is not lost. Leics started their defence well but need to show some form here. Notts. Warwicks/Glamorgan: Glammy are bottom with only 1 win, & will be disappointed having hoped to do well in this. Warwicks have 3pnts with 1 win & a NR, but the key point is that all of their remaining 4 games are at home, with Worcester following this on friday night. Warwicks will feel 3 from 4 wins will be enough to qualify & I feel they'll have too much here tbh. Yorks/Durham: Yorks are riding high & beat the previously unbeaten Derbys last time out. Durhams sole win came v Notts last time & I think they'll continue that here @ 6/5

Re: Twenty20 Cup Thurdays results: Leics 150-4 Notts 129-8 Warks 169-9 Glamorgan 165-9 Yorks 123-7 Durham 124-8 Fridays odds: Durham evs Leics 8/11 Glamorgan 5/6 Northants 5/6 Gloucs evs Somerset 8/11 Lancs 8/11 Yorks evs Middx 5/6 Essex 5/6 Notts 8/11 Derby Evs Surrey 4/7 Kent 5/4 Sussex 5/6 Hants 5/6 Warwicks 5/6 Worcs 5/6 Thinking aloud: Leics defended 150 tonight which is a goodeffort & will raise confidence butwould yuou normally expect to win with that.....Durham had a good win v Yorks & are making a good late run. Durham Glammy are bottom with 1 win & the stuffing will have gone after a close defeat v Warwicks today. Northants too strong, but are still yet to chase Somerset look too strong for Gloucs IMO Lancs/Yorks swerve....derby, not worth it Middx/Essex...too close to call Notts/derby....normally Notts but Derby havent been too bad in this tbh, so swerve Surrey/Kent...swerve with a bargepole....Surrey top, Kent winless....just got a bad feeling about it tbh Sussex/Hants...hace a feeling for Sussex, Hants are in a flattering position having played more than anyone Warwicks to beat Worcs & continue the homeward charge for qualification

Re: Twenty20 Cup Fridays results: Leics 154-7, durham 122-7. Durham should have got these, they had wickets in hand & didnt make them count Glamorgan v Northants abandoned Gloucs v Somerset 61-7 (13ovs ) abandoned Lancs 207-6 Yorks 97ao off 15ovs Middx 185-6 Essex 154-7 Notts 147-8 Derbys 151-6 off 19.4 Surrey 167-6 off 15, Kent 144-8 Worcs 141ao off 18.5, Warwicks were in desperate trouble @ 81-9 but Heath Streak made an astonishing assault scoring 58 to leave Warwicks needing 20 off 3 balls, a wide was bowled (or maybe 2) which left 3 off 1 ball or 2 to win on fewer wickets & Streak was run out going for the 2nd, 150ao Saturdays odds: Somerset 8/11 Northants Evs Worcs 8/11 Gloucs Evs Dont fancy touching Worcs/Gloucs, but Northants are doing well with only 1 defeat & Somerset were 61-7 tonight before the rain saved them, so Northants for me