Gealic Footie & Hurling - June 4th & 5th

Hi All, Well I said I'd get around to putting something up - this week promises to be a more tricky one than last week - with few handicaps being particularly generous to any team - though I do have my thoughts on some of the matches in particular. * denotes a Saturday game, rest are Sunday. Will post up odds first and comments in a second post - as I lost an enormous post on this half an hour ago :@ Gaelic Footie First Odds courtesy of Paddy Power; First Handicap Prices; Antrim (+2 Pts) 11/10 vs Cavan (-2 Pts) 5/6* Wexford (-5 Pts) Evs vs Carlow (+5 Pts) 10/11 Monaghan (+3 Pts) 5/6 vs Derry (-3 Pts) 11/10 Dublin (-3 Pts) 6/5 vs Meath (+3 Pts) 4/5 Match win/lose/draw odds; Antrim 2/1 vs Cavan 1/2*, Draw 15/2 Wexford 1/5 vs Carlow 9/2, Draw 9/1 Monaghan 5/2 vs Derry 2/5, Draw 15/2 Dublin 4/9 vs Meath 9/4, Draw 15/2 Hurling (odds again from Paddy Power) First Handicap Prices; Tipperary (+ 1Pt) 11/10 vs Clare (- 1Pt) 5/6 Antrim (-2 Pts) Evs vs Down (+2 Pts) 10/11 Match win/lose/draw odds; Tipperary 6/4 vs Clare 4/6, Draw 15/2 Antrim 8/15 vs Down 15/8, Draw 15/2 Bet Already Advised - Gaelic Footie Provincial Winners, Ulster- Armagh 13/8, Munster - Kerry 8/15 & Leinster - Dublin 15/8. Please place up tips, for further information aertel.ie (Ireland's teletext service) has a load of team news information etc, and can be found on pg. 240. Will post my selections later today/Satuday afternoon. By the way - Saturday's g.footie game is Antrim vs Cavan, I fancy Antrim on the handicap, as they almost outright won the first match but for a late revival by Cavan. Now their at home. Cavan are missing several players and are rumered to be in-fighting. They were also managerless last week and I assume they still are - though I'll check that out and post it up if it has changed. FA

Re: Gaelic Footie & Hurling - June 4th & 5th Dublin 4/9 vs Meath (G.Footie)The handicap of Dublin (-3 Pts) is a fair one - and could go either way in my opinion, however IMO Dublin are good value to win the actual match - I'm going for a large single and to be thrown into accies (I'll probably add them to my Soccer International accies). Meath are using 5 debutants and Championship level, and the best player IMO Giles is now almost certain to miss the match with injury. Dublin are my favourites to win this province and improtantly have had one Championship match under their belt already - they played really well too - and annilated Longford in the previous round. Player for player I certaintly think they are better too. Dublin have confirmed they will have all players vs Longford available for this game. Confidence 10/10 ***************************************************** Antrim vs Down (Hurling) Antrim 8/15 & Antrim (-2 Pts) Evs are both value - Antrim are hands down the best hurling in side in Ulster and I have almost no doubts that they will win the game. Down struggled through via a replay in the semi final despite being classed as massive favourites. I think this match is priced wrong, Antrim should easily win this by 3 to 6 points IMO. Confidence; Antrim to Win match 10/10 Antrim to win on handicap 8/10 ***************************************************** Carlow vs Wexford (G.Footie) Carlow (+5 Pts) 10/11 is a great bet from what I've been reading - Carlow are missing their captain, but Wexford have greater injury problems, Their captain and two of their three starting half-fowards are out injured, which means they will probably struggle to put up a five point margin against a Carlow side that while don't often win in the Championship, rarely get walloped, I remember them coming close to Kildare a year or two ago in the first round, and Kildare went onto the Provincial final after that. Also, these two couties are neighbours and Carlow will want to keep this tight. Wexford had a very good league season, but got very badly beaten in there sections final which may have a motivational impact on them too. Confidence: Carlow on the Handicap 7/10 ***************************************************** Would certainly advise the above - also, Antrim vs Cavan (G. Footie - not the hurling match Antrim are playing in as profiled above) appears to be more tricky than anticipated in that while Cavan are still missising a rew players, there oposition Antrim are also without three players - I think maybe on the handicap Antrim should still do it but again not as good a bet as some of the others especially the three listed above. Good Luck, FA

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.