Weekly Naps Competition, Day 3, Tuesday 18th August 2015

4.15 Kempton: Class 3 Handicap, 7f This is an intriguing contest with a handful of promising contenders. Dramatically improving Ian's Memory tops the market and despite not being flashy, he may just does enough to win and could still have more to offer. Though the handicappers doesn't take any prisoners with him. Exchequer loves the All-Weather and the track. He's consistent. This big, scopey gelding should make good of a perfect draw. Claim The Roses ran a massive race the last time behind subsequent Great St Wilfrid Handicap Don't Touch. I'm slightly concerned about his wide draw though. Windy Citi won with bit in hand the other day, the drop in trip shouldn't be a problem. Lightly raced Mulzamm will appreciate this trip more than 6f on pedigree. Whether he is good enough against this field remains to be seen. Most of those mentioned above are decent prices. Hard to distinguish them. The one certainly overpriced is Dutiful Son, though. Well bred, impressive 6f winner at Chelmsford in April, he was not seen to best effect over 1m the last two starts. Way, way too far off the pace on his penultimate run, and also not in the best position the last time when third behind Windy City. The trip may also stretch him. The drop to 7f looks ideal, however and I would assume himto be ridden much positive from a healthy draw. It's Nicky Mackay's only ride on the day - it could be a good one. Dutiful Son @ 16/1 Paddy Power

Kempton 3:15 Master Blueyes @ 28/1 bet365 e/w thanks Master Blueyes....from Alan King yard the 2yo is having his first run on a racetrack his sire was Mastercraftsman who's sire was Danehill Dancer , Mastercraftsman is Standing at Coolmore Stud (IRE) who has a good record of producing some great horses wither this is a good one only time will tell, William Twiston-Davies is on board and has been in form in the last two weeks

4.00 Ripon: Dance King 18/1 Skybet Cant ignore the chances of Chancery in this decent handicap, he's been running well in much better company and goes well at Ripon, he's 3/1 however which doesnt win you anything here so will go with my alternative selection Dance King. I do like backing Easterby runners here, he knows the type who can thrive at Ripon, need to be well balanced. Dance King's Ripon form is poor up to now however so he's either trying to get the handicap mark down a bit more or knows something we don't. If he can reproduce his York run he has a cracking chance at the weights and is a big price too.

Kemp 4.15 - Khatiba - win at 14/1 bog wm hill Class 3 7f handicap My selection looked pretty good on the AW last year but has disappointed a bit this season Has been tried over a mile the last twice and appeared not to get home so dropping back to 7F looks a good idea......he's a dual CD winner Good draw in stall 1 and been dropped a few pounds in the weights since the start of the season which just enables him to drop back into 0-90 company

R4.00 Puzzle Time 6/1 Bet365 This c&d winnner won here at this time last year on the same ground off a mark of 78. The horse has to contend with a 6lb higher mark here, but for me there's a better jockey in the saddle now and the trainers turf runners have been going really well of late. That win last year was in an 8 runner race and the third was 7 lengths back so the 6lb rise doens't concern me too much, especially since that 3rd place horse won a couple of starts later to frank the form.