CPO's betting blog (new edition!)

cpo

Been slowly getting back into things after several months away due to Dad duties! Cheltenham was very exciting with so many quality performances and so many near misses from a betting point of view (it's those near misses that keep us interested). I am very much looking forward to the flat season although we still have the small matter of the Grand National. I will try to stick to the better class racing and I will try not to get carried away on Saturday's and at big meetings! In the past I have had a bad habit of having to have a bet in every race at the big meetings and have more bets than I should on a Saturday! Typically for me Saturday has been the hardest day to find winners. Looking forward to Dubai World Cup night at the end of the month as I am sure a few of you on here will know I do love the racing over at Meydan despite it not being everyones cup of tea. I do like to follow form of good races... a little example of this being Primrose Valley at the moment and Harry Hurricane. Both done me plenty of favours since first coming up against each other. I like the challenge of trying to work out big field handicaps but I also like 2 year old races and following their form. Overall I will be betting in anything that takes my fancy but mainly the classier stuff. I don't intend on starting with a betting bank but I will keep a profit and loss :ok Already had a couple of bets for the Grand National. Pineau De Re 0.5pt EW @ 25/1 BetVictor (5 places) I had a small bet on this horse last year in the race and I was very impressed with how he got the job done. He has an 8lb rise to contend with this year which will obviously make things a lot tougher but I can still see him going very well. He jumped well in the main but in Leighton Aspell he has a jockey who is battle hardened and will take plenty of knocking off a horse. He probably won't be much shorter come race day but I am hoping he can go back to back! Raz De Maree 0.5pt EW @ 50/1 BetVictor (5 places) I would like to see this horse get in the National as he is another horse I backed last year. He never really got into the race last year but that experience will have done him the world of good. He managed to complete and finish 8th which is very respectable despite being beaten a long way. I would be hopeful this year that his jockey would have him closer to the pace as it certainly was an advantage be prominent last year. One thing this horse does do is stay so if the ground came up testing, I would be even more confident to this horses chance.

Re: CPO's betting blog (new edition!) 2.20 Ludlow - Set the Trend 1pt win @ 4/1 PaddyPower This horse was sent off a big price on debut at Doncaster but ran better than his odds would suggest when finishing just over 9 lengths behind Glingerburn. That horse has since franked the form big time and there is every chance Set The Trend will step up on that debut effort. He wouldn't have to improve much to get involved here, as he was a pretty classy flat horse on his day. Noel Fehily takes the ride, which is a positive, and David Dennis' horses are running well at the moment. I am hopeful he can win in a race that looks to have less than a handful of meaningful opposition.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.