Nap of the day 17th March 2015

4.25 Wexford Merrion Row 12/1 1 point win bet365. This horse was a bumper winner and pretty useful as a hurdler, earning a rating of 116. Its first chase was a pretty decent run, and next time out fell when going reasonably well in a decent chase. The next run was a 107L defeat to Un De Sceaux, but the way that horse has strung out fields in Irish beginner chases makes me happy to put a line through the run, and I think the opening mark of 100 could be generous.

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 Southwell 3.45 - You're Cool (1pts win, 7/2 BetVictor) A winner of his previous two starts on the AW at Kempton and Wolves has proved hard to peg back when he gets going and hopeful he can do the same here on his fibresand debut. His improvement has come since being gelded and the drop to 5f should not be a problem considering how fast he can go and if anything it could even enhance his chances as long as he handles the surface.

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 2.55 Wetherby: Routine Procedure 8/1 bet635 Price a bit tight on what he has shown so far but i like it when Robin Dickin sends his horses up north. Didn't get up the Towcester hill last time but earlier had shown promise at Ludlow and but for a mistake at the second last would have finished much closer than 6th. First time in handicap and track should suit.

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 2.00 Southwell A very interesting handicap over the flying 5f, Pabusar was behind Harwood Star last time out last week. However Harwood Star is running under a 6lb penalty and Pabusar is infact 1lb lower so gets a 7lb turnaround. Harwoods Star tends to start slowly and get outpaced before staying on as he continue to go up the weights he is going to find it harder to come from behind especially on this surface and is always gonna be worth taking on in my opinion because of that bad habit. Master Wizard has been well backed this morning and has shown he can handle this surface however not seen for 510 days so hard one to judge on handicap debut. For me Pabusar offers some value, only one win to his name in a Goodwood maiden and has slipped down the weights from marks in the 100’s and did place off those marks so looks dangerously well handicap if switch of yard has the desired affect. 1pt win Pabusar 4/1 VC

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 2.35 Vaal: MR 92 Handicap, 1.700m The betting market suggests that this a widen open race with plenty of chances, and indeed, that is the case. Though I can drill down the field to a handful of runners with realistic chances to go close. Favourite Orchestrated will be one of them. He won over course and distance last month and had a couple of runners in this field behind him. A swing in the weights and a five pound higher mark make life tougher though. He found 2.450m too far subsequently, dropping back to 1.700m will surely suit. He's a fair favourite and a fair price. The only three year old in the race, Kingmambos Legacy has a very light weight and that must give him a chance, as well as you always have to respect De Kock's runners. But he hasn't shown anything in six starts that suggests he is up to this standard. He also has been campaigned over further and may find this trip too sharp. Tee Jay Ar finished 3rd behind Orchestrated the last time. A 2.5kg swing in the weights can help to get closer, but the trip is a worry. His best is over shorter and he may find this too far once again. Talented Eurakilon loves this track and has fair form in the book. But his problem is that he gets going way too late on too many occasions. He has an obvious chance if he can produce his finish earlier, but I wouldn't bet on it. Lightly raced Thatho Magetique is an interesting horse. He has fair form to offer and may be able to improve a bit. A light weight gives him a chance but it remains to be seen how he fares for the step up in class against much stronger rivals. Exposed Noble Star has plenty to find on ratings, however a very light weight of 52kg gives him a chance to be in with a shout. He's been consistent lately in lower grades but hasn't won in ages. He shouldn't be good enough, though the weight is in his favour. Zanzibar Man goes well at this track and wasn't too far beaten by Orchestrated last month, swing in the weights with this rival gives him a competitive chance, though he has hit the crossbar a bit too often and his last win dated back almost a year in lower class. Dark horse could be Leeuloop Jet. A good deal beaten by Orchestrated the last time, he usually loves track and trip as he is 2 from 3 over course and distance. He's coming down in the weights and rated to be competitive today with conditions very much to suit. He was only a lengths beaten on his penultimate run by a lightweight, a repeat of that form should see him going close. Interestingly top jockey Piere Strydom gets the leg up, which must mean that a strong run is expected. Strydom has a 24% strike rate with trainer Moffatt and steered Leeuloop Jet to two wins last season. So to see him up again is a confidence boost. Leeuloop Jet is a 9/1 chance with looks too big and the value in this field. Leeuloop Jet @ 9/1 Bet365

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 2.45 Exeter - Max Milano 1pt win @ 28/1 Bet365 Horse makes his handicap debut today after a very long absence. He has clearly had plenty of injury problems having only raced 3 times in his career and being a 10 year old. Alan Jessop managed to get a win into this horse last time out after a similar absence and in very similar conditions. It would take a monumental training effort to get this horse to win today but he has done it before so I will take a chance that he could be well handicapped if returning at his best.

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 Wetherby 4.05 Wolf Shield (20/1 ladbrokes) If non runner Exeter 3.55 Leo Luna Interesting 3 horse race we have in the 4.05 at Wetherby. On the face of it, Carole’s Destrier and Creepy should be too good for Wolf Shield as they have won races in classes 1 & 2 (Carole’s Destrier) and class 1 & 3 (Creepy, where as the highest class Wolf Shield has won in is class 3. However the furthest the former 2 have won at is 24 furlongs, in fact Carole’s Destrier hasn’t even raced beyond 24 furlongs before. Wolf Shield on the other hand has won at the distance and is the only one that ticks all 3 boxes of class, distance and ground. And so priced at 20/1 outsider of 3 I think he’s well worth a go.

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 4.40 WETHERBY: Next Hight @ 28/1 Stan James e/w thanks Next Hight.....from Sue Smith yard who also owns horse the 8yo has been at yard since March 2013 where in the twelve races its had for yard in NH its only win came at Sedgefield 2m 1f heavy in January 2013 in Novices' Handicap Hurdle, Since that win the yard only had a 3rd place finish the following year at same track of win at the start of this season NH campaign with those runs and various hurdle bad runs the yard decided to go Novice chasing in October last year where it finished 4th at Southwell 3m 1/2f good although only 7 runners, the yard gave it another run the following month although a bit of improvement 3rd of 7 runners at Hexham 3m 1f soft the yard gave it a winter break hopefully working on stamina and fitness for todays run Its been 130 days since that last run and enters its full handicap chase off 99 with Jonathan England claiming 3lbs in the saddle he's also been on last 4 runs the yard also bring it back in distance by a mile from last race and over the distance it had its hurdle win 2m 1f

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 2.45 exeter kayf charmer is interesting off a mark of 83 if taking the latest effort as gospel, as 3lb lighter than last time can see him be involved late on, and hopefully then the weight will tell on the others and he can hit the money. no trip and ground concerns, so at big odds i feel he is well worth a chance. 0.5pts ew 50/1 totesport bog

Re: Nap of the day 17th March 2015 Exeter 3.55 - Carraig Mor - win at 5/4 bog wm hill What a fascinating little novice chase ! Only 4 runners over 2 miles 3 and a half furlongs but it's a tricky little puzzle to try and unravel I'm discounting the big 50/1 outsider leaving 3 to concentrate on Two of them, my selection and Leo Luna, are front runners dropping back in trip so they're bound to go hell for leather to try and make it a test of stamina against the speedier Dunraven Storm Normally I'd go for the speedier one here on the basis that the two stayers will go off to fast taking each other on and if the speedier horse can stay in touch he should cruise past when they tire But Dunraven Storm had a really hard race last week trying to keep tabs on Un Des Sceaux until grinding to a halt and pulling up. I'm sure he's going to need more than 7 days to recover from that ! Of the two front runners my selection has the higher rating and yet gets 6lbs under the race conditions. He's also run here before and finished 2nd so the track should be Ok for him