Magister Ludi's Betting Record: 2015

Good Evening and welcome to my thread. I’ve had an interest in Horse Racing and Football betting since the age of 18 but it’s only in the last 2 and a half years that I have had the time or access to resources to devote a serious amount of time to my betting. I’m aiming to post my own selections with reasoning in a thread in the Personal Thread for the purposes of tracking them. I’m hoping this will have 3 benefits:

1. Cutting out the ‘bad bets’ so I only bet where I have a solid reasoning.
  2. Accurately track and record bets and outcomes in order to precisely identify whether my betting is profitable.
  3. Ensure I am focusing my betting in the areas where I am strongest.

I’m aiming to post selections the night before the racing, aside from Saturday and Sunday when I have more time. I’ll be starting with a 100 point bank and prices will be stated with each selection. To this effect, I’m not recommending people follow the selections although feel free if you’re inclined. First selections will be placed for the 1st January 2015. I am hoping to contribute to other sections of the forum, particularly the Nap of the Day competition. This is the first time I have posted a public record of my bets, so please bear with me. I will post multiple selections in races since that is my preferred strategy but other times there will be straight singles. I'm somewhat risk averse in my betting so you may see more each-way bets at lower prices than more experienced punters. Stakes will usually be 0.5 pts each way or 1pt win. I’ve already learned a great deal from this site and will doubtlessly continue to, irrespective of how this experiment progresses. Please feel free to comment and feedback. Best wishes, Magister Ludi Selections for January 1st 2015: 14:30 Cheltenham Ulzana's Raid 0.5pts e/w @ 5/1 (Ladbrokes BOG) (1/5 odds, 3 places) 14:30 Cheltenham Be Bop Boru 0.5pts e/w @ 7/1 (Bet365 BOG) (1/4 odds, 3 places) Ulzana's Raid is 4lbs up after his last win. He has won 4 from 6 at the current going and has a 100% win record at the Class, Distance, Course and Field Size. Despite Alan King's 3 recent short-price favourites being turned over, I think he represents a solid each-way bet at 5/1. Be Bop Boru was 3rd here before he won at Fakenham. He's won at the going and at the distance and was placed 2nd and 3rd in his last 2 runs here. I think he's open to improvement and worth an each way bet at 7/1.

Re: Magister Ludi's Betting Record: 2015 Not quite the start I was hoping for. Thought both ran well enough but lacked the finishing speed of the first three. Just the one for tomorrow unless I find anything else this evening. This has also been posted in Nap of the Day for 2nd January. 14:50 Ffos Las Molly's a Diva 0.5pts e/w @ 8/1 Ladbrokes (Forgot that Ladbrokes are not BOG until the day of the race :spank) This price was taken when posted earlier. Course and Distance winner with at 40% strike rate on the surface. The small drop in trip should not be a hindrance. A solid profile against a short price favourite and looks overpriced, with Double Double appearing to be the main threat. Total Staked 2 S/R 0/2 P/L -2

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.