AFL Rd. 6

10-6' (+3.39) Jumping on one here early guys, 'cause I have to believe the big Fev might get a week or two tonight. Hawthorn 2.07 (Pinnacle) The Hawks have won 5 of the last 6 meetings, losing last year by 12 points...But, they had 20 more possessions and 6 more inside 50's! Two things stand out...Fevola took 9 marks and kicked 6 goals, and the Hawks only managed 18 shots from 47 inside 50's. Like I said, I expect Fevola to be suspended tonight, and the Hawthorn forward line is functioning a lot better lately. They had 29 shots v. Richmond (but kicked 12.17), scored 115 v. Brisbane, and 89 v. the Kangas last week who have been very good defensively. They now play Carlton, who have allowed 103+ in all 5 games this season, @ 110 ppg. I'd have to think that Hawthorn will go into this game as favs if Fevola is out, so 2.07 is great odds, imo.

Re: AFL Rd. 6 Port -14.5 Don't let the ladder fool you all, Richmond are still the worst team in the AFL by a fair margin! Like I said last week, undeserved wins v. Dogs and Hawks and got a weakened Freo team at home. They've played 2 top sides and been beaten by over 10 goals in both of them. Port haven't exactly been firing either, but a decent performance against a quality Geelong last week showed that they are improving each week. Port have won the last 6 meetings, all by more than 15 @ 46.8 ppg. Another big loss this week brings Richmond and their supporters back to earth with a thud....where they belong wink.gif

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.