Nap of the Day - Monday 13th October 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 13th October 2014 Sedge 4.20 - Saddlers deal - win at 5/1 bog bet365 Only 4 runners in the handicap chase By process of elimination I'm left with the outsider of the party The easing of the ground will not suit Dealing River and Muwalla, both of whom appear to run below their best if there's any 'soft' in the ground. Dealing River might get away with it as he looks a bit classier. Blackwater King looks a plodder,........it's not clear why they persist with running him at the minimum trip. He always gets outpaced. My selection is having his 3rd run since joining the Ellison yard and improved significantly from runs 1 to 2. He did win 3 runs ago over 20 furlongs but would probably have won that day at 16 furlongs. He's won with cut in the ground before and off this kind of mark.

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 13th October 2014 3.45 sedgefield beyondtemptation catches my eye today, as proven on testing ground and stays further than the 20f this afternoon. looks hard work at sedgefield today and so i feel you need a horse with plenty of stamina and one that goes on heavy, so this one fits the bill. needs to find a bit on the bare form of things, but the trip on this ground can level things out. 1 point win 15/2 paddy power bog

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 13th October 2014 5.40 WINDSOR (Class 5 - 1m3f 1/2 Handicap) MARENGO @10/3 (skyBET #BOG) Terrible conditions for racing today at Windsor and that's why I'm picking up a horse who ticks all the boxes for this handicap finale at the course. Marengo is a 3yo grey gelding with an extremely nice pedigree for the track, trained by the very good Ed de Giles who's doing very nice things with his stable at the moment and who's 4 from 29 here at Windsor. The horse is a proven stayer on heavy ground since he got his lonely win in a similar situation at Chepstow and judging by his family tree he could stay also over the longer trip. Today's mark of 69 isn't worrying considering his improvement and the step up in trip and in my opinion a very big plus is given by the jockey switch from the unreliable J P Spencer to the rising talent O Murphy, who already got two winners out of two this afternoon. Jockey-trainer partnership also produced 4 winners from 18 runners so far. I would have backed hime with pleasure even at 11/4 so plenty of value at 10/3.