Boxing - Aug 16-17

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 16 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hernandez, YP v Arslan, F (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wilder, D v Gavern, J (23:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.01 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 26 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 17 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dirrell, Anthony v Bika, S (03:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.82 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Porter, S v Brook, K (03:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Boxing - Aug 16-17 4pts S.Porter to beat K.Brook on points 11/4 BetVictor I really hope this is the night Kell Brook becomes a world champion but I must admit I’m not convinced. He can beat Porter but it would be dangerous to write off Porter. In fact you have to respect the way Porter took care of Alexander and Malignaggi. In those fights he showed he can handle the big occasion and perform admirably and we don’t know how Brook will cope because he hasn’t been there. I can’t help but have doubts over Brook the longer this fight goes on and you’ve got to think he would have to win this fight clearly to get the decision. There are a lot more doubts over Brook here and while he’s more than capable of answering them the right bet has to be Porter to win by points. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/porter-vs-brook-betting-shawn-porter-can-end-brook-s-world-title-dream-with-decision-win

Re: Boxing - Aug 16-17 Kell Brook to beat Shawn Porter by KO/TKO/Technical Decision - 9-2 Bet365 We'll either find out that Kell Brook is the real deal and that the potential was there to be world champion or he'll be exposed as an average fighter that doesn't belong at world class. I think it will be the former and have felt he had what it takes to be world champion for a long time. When Brian Rose went to America to fight for the title he spoke about how hard he had trained but he has no ko power and has never looked world class. I've seen Brook knock down an opponent at Sheffield with a stiff jab, he hits hard, he hits fast and when he puts his punches together in bunches he can be devastating. This will undoubtedly be the biggest test of his career but I feel Porter is being overrated due to demolishing a well past his best Malignaggi that is now more interested in commentating. Not many fancy Brook to get a decision over in America so he could be looking for a stoppage. There are stamina concerns if it goes late into the championship rounds and those concerns surfaced during the Carson Jones first fight but after that contest it transpired that Brook hadn't trained well, hadn't eaten well and probably didn't take that fight seriously enough, easy to see why when you have fought endless "final eliminators" and seem to be getting nowhere. He dominated for 6 rounds and then tired but also looked to get his nose broken, struggling to breathe properly late on. It wouldn't surprise me to see both fighters taking a visit to the canvas here and it could be whichever one recovers better that goes on to win the fight. Brook has to be up for this fight and he looked well on the scales to me. Porter looked very confident, almost too laid back whereas Kell was focused and very serious. I believe Brook has what it takes to win the fight and have taken him by stoppage and also backed individual rounds on Betfair from round 8 onwards. I do rate Porter and he is worthy favourite but Brook isn't just there for a holiday, he's coming home with a new belt. :)