Fenman

As a reasonably new member to this place I feel I am still finding my way around, after all it is mammoth, to boot I have had an interrupted intro' with a conflicting typing problem which I trust is now sorted and so this feels like a good time to enquire about FENMAN. My few postings have been via the system section but BILLYHILLS thought I may get a better and more varied response here, so if it all goes wrong the spears, darts, arrows and knives etc. should be aimed at himself and not me. :) I have read Fenman's book "Words From The Wise" which regardless of racing is a sheer delight and is now cellotaped together having been thumbed through so many times and yet sometimes I can still find minor contradictions but they are of little importance or are they? The theme running through all of his ideas and suggestions are so basic I feel guilty being needed to be reminded of such simple logic such as the importance of good form and fitness etc. I wonder if there are any here that have either followed the suggestions from his book of his past contributions to the Racing Ahead magazine and if they have benefited and how.

Re: Fenman I used to subscribe to Racing Ahead but the feeling I got was that it was more suited to people of a certain age who, perhaps, weren't very computer literate or were purists of the sport. Obviously, that's just my view but I haven't applied anything Fenman-esque to my betting repertoire. One thing that I did like doing was note the monthly Paddock Picks in a tracker for next time out that bore some fruit - although I missed a 40/1 winner! I'm on a bit of a down period at present, would you recommend I read the book?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.