Flat Racing > Friday May 16th

York 2:45 - Sky Bet Yorkshire Cup(Group 2) (1) 1m6f Tac De Boistron produced one of the most devastating staying performances I have ever seen in the Sagaro Stakes at Ascot last time out, bombing clear in the final stages to win by 5 lengths. If he comes here in that sort of form he could be very hard to beat indeed, he is in the form of his life. Cubanita is a very consistent mare and the form of her neck win over Noble Mission is turning out to be very good form with that horse going on to land a Group 3 at Sandown by 9 lengths then winning a Group 3 at Chester. I think Khione is the value in the race though, she is still very lightly raced and I don't think we have seen her at her best yet. She will love the step up in trip and can cause an upset. Khione - 1 Point each-way @ 16/1 Sky Bet - £30 Free Bet when you Register! Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/yorkshire-cup-betting-khione-should-relish-the-step-up-in-trip-for-luca-cumani

Re: Flat Racing > Friday May 16th 4.00 Newmarket Off to Newmarket today several of my fav handicappers running today, but the one I like in this is fairly new to the handicapping arena! Art Scholar has no great record fresh and finished last year very quiet, ground conditions might not be soft enough. Groundbreaking is an interesting runner having won on debut last year in a maiden, made quiet start in handicaps and took a huge step backwards when last seen possible ground an excuse and it has to be seen whether he can bounce back this year especially with the yard largely struggling with winners. Double Discount won 2 races last year but went off the boil towards the end of the season, remains 6lb above last winning mark and has something to prove on season reappearance. Tigers Tale hasn’t completely convinced over this trip but has been in good form on the AW recently, also stronger form on the AW than turf. Velox isn’t the easiest to win with, his come from behind style causes him some problems and might need a bit of luck off this sort of mark. Gone Dutch is interesting for the inform Fanshawe yard, 2nd on reappearance at Newbury after vast improvement at end of last season. Comes here 4lb higher but will appreciate these drying conditions and should go well if in same form. Heavy Metal won a 4 runner Brighton event that form amounts to very little and a 6lb penalty and overall profile leaves him looking of little interest. Icebuster usually fluffs the start these days and looks held by the handicapper. Big Baz is the one for me, I watched him at Newmarket couple weeks ago he is a huge animal and well built and its clear why he only made his debut in December. He was impressive on that debut and doubled up in a 4 runner handicap in eye catching fashion. Caught the eye when only 3rd on 3rd start looking a bit unlucky. This looks less competitive than his last race here when he was unable to get into a rhythm and also hampered but did again finish well dropped 1lb for that and looks that there is much more to come. 1pt e/w Big Baz 8/1 bet365 5.05 Newmarket Sir Mike is the obvious favourite having won on debut for this yard at Yarmouth, up another 6lb in a much stronger race requires a career best effort by some way now. Showboating has talent but also has his quirks, running well enough at present but handicapper looking in charge 8lb above last winning mark. Kakatosi ran a race full of promise on seasonal reappearance again at Yarmouth. Step up in trip should suit but does remain 3lb above last winning mark. Tenor is another looking in the grips of the handicapper at present. Angelic Upstart is a much better horse on the AW although did win on July course last year off a 11lb lower mark, does have something to find on turf. Dance and Dance is an old fav of mine and might be the answer to this, you have to go back to July 2012 for his last win but he is extremely useful on his day and spends most of his time in very competitive races. Finished a very respectable 10th in Spring Mile, was 6th in the Cambridge here last year off a 6lb higher mark and looks dangerously well handicapped in a much easier race he should go very well. 2pt win Dance and Dance 5/1 coral 7.35 Hamilton The Braveheart Stakes and this looks a really strong running of it. Clayton is super versatile ground wise but is started to looking very high in the handicap up 2lb for latest good second. Rawaki’s mark has taken a huge knock having run a great race in John Porter Stakes a Group 3 at Newbury on season reappearance, struggled back in handicap last time and similar story likely here off this sort of mark. Alta Lilea rarely runs a bad race including a group level, might find this mark high enough returning to handicaps and didn’t go well fresh last year. Sirvino won around here nearly 2 weeks ago over a furlong further scoring comfortably, comes into this with just a 3lb penalty he does have form off this sort of mark in his younger days and does come into this with a good chance based on his last run. Bolingbroke could have a lot more to offer in this country but his form has come in some heavy ground and this ground will be drying out and can only be watched on British debut in my opinion. Special Meaning looks the one to beat for me she has struck up a great relationship with Franny, a really good 3rd in handicap on season reappearance came on for that run to win a listed event at Goodwood last time out. Only 1lb higher back in handicap company, the drying ground will suit and she looks a group filly in handicap company now. 2pt win Special Meaning 4/1 coral

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.