BBOTD > Wednesday May 14th

York 3:15 - Duke Of York Clipper Logistics Stakes(Group 2) (1) 6f The Bryan Smart trained Moviesta has to be taken seriously judged on some of his form from last season. He won the Group 2 King George Stakes at Goodwood back in August but he is unproven on soft ground which has to be a concern. Richard Hughes takes the ride on the Kevin Ryan trained Astaire who is sure to love the soft ground tomorrow. He won the Group 2 Gimcrack over course and distance last August on this ground so that has to put him in with a big chance with one of the best jockeys around on top. I think Tropics looks overpriced though personally, if he handles the ground he has a massive shout here tomorrow, he has buckets of speed. Tropics WIN @ 12/1 Bet Victor - £100 Free Bet when you Register! Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/duke-of-york-stakes-betting-dean-ivory-can-book-his-flight-to-the-tropics-in-style

Re: BBOTD > Wednesday May 14th 2.15 York - Picture Dealer EW @ 20/1 Bet365 A nice 20 runner 6f sprint to get stuck into here with plenty of these in with some sort of chance. There is plenty of good York form on offer here with the likes of Royal Rascal, Blaine and Lancelot Du Lac all with good form here. The one I do like in the line up does have a CD win to his name and its surprising to see him with a different a trainer to the last time I backed him when trained with Gary Moore. He has since switched to Lydia Pearce, which is a worry as I am not that keen on her as a trainer but he did run very well on his sole start for his new trainer. On that run at Kempton he is very closely matched with the current favourite for this race Lancelot Du Lac and he may have beaten that horse had he got a clearer run. I think for this race he is drawn on the right side and although most of his best wins have come on better ground, he does have a win on soft ground to his name. He runs off 92 tomorrow with Simon Pearce taking off a handy 3lbs. That puts him on the same mark as his unlucky 4th in the Ayr Silver Cup last year. The absence of 168 days is a slight worry but this race has been won in recent years by horses returning from a break or having their 2nd start of the season. When trained by Gary Moore I thought this horse had plenty of potential and I still fancy he could take one of these big field sprint handicaps this season. He likes to be help up so will require luck in running but these big fields suit him. He might just need the run, but if he is ready to rock n roll then he could spring a surprise at a nice price. Absolutely quality days racing at York tomorrow!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.