BBOTD > Wednesday May 7th

Chester 2:45 - Stanjames.com Chester Cup(HERITAGE HANDICAP) (2) 2m2f 147yds Angel Gabrial beat Mubaraza last time out but he has to carry a penalty here and he possibly does not have the best draw in Stall 11, but it might not matter too much over this trip. I would fancy Mubaraza to reverse the form with that horse. Franny Norton loves it here at Chester and is always a jockey to follow here and he rides the Charles Hills trained Glenard. He ran better than the form figures suggest last time out at Kempton when he finished 6th behind Castilo Del Diablo and he could be on the premises. I think Mubaraza is the horse they all have to beat here personally, the horse comes here in great form with a top jockey on from a perfect draw and we know he will stay the trip easily. Mubaraza WIN @ 11/2 Coral - £20 Free Bet when you Bet £5! Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/chester-cup-betting-mubaraza-to-take-full-advantage-of-his-good-draw-under-hanagan

Re: BBOTD > Wednesday May 7th 2.45 Chester - Body Language 1pt win @ 14/1 Bet365 Ian Williams current form doesn't inspire confidence with 0 winners from his last 19 runners in both codes but I feel there is reason to believe his horse Body Language can go well in this. This horses form really took off last season when stepped up to 2m with wins at Beverley and finishing 2nd in a Cesarewitch trial and 3rd in a good listed race. He has been hiked up in the weights because of his last 2 runs from 81 to 94, which is a slight negative but he looks a strong robust type that should be able to carry the extra weight. His highest winning mark came from just 77 so he does have it all to do from a 17lb higher mark in a race this competitive. Silvestre De Sousa takes the ride having ridden this horse 3 times in the past. He finished 2nd on him back in 2011, won on him at Ripon in 2012 and finished 3rd on him last time out in a listed race. Body Language is a versatile sort who can win from the front or from the back so I think the fact he is drawn in 6 here is a big positive. Ian Williams has won this race in this past with Bulwark and he does tend to do well with his runners here. Body Language will be having his first run here but that doesn't worry me as the trainer clearly knows what type of horse is suited to this track. He also returns form an absence of 223 days but again that doesn't worry me as the last 9 winners of this race were having their first flat start of the season. I would also ignore the weight trend for this race (Last 5 winners have carried 9-0 or less) as the whole field is only separated by 9lbs, which is unusual. All that being said I think there is plenty to like about this horses chance here. The biggest doubt with this horse is the fact he is carrying so much more weight than his latest run but I am hopeful of a decent run.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.