Flat Racing Monday 14th October

Lodge

Re: Flat Racing Monday 14th October 2.30 - Windsor - Placidia @ 8/1 Bet365 Placidia looks the type to improve now pitched into a nursery and slightly upped in trip. She improved for each of her 4 starts in maidens, making the frame in the latest 2 at Salisbury and Kempton. Her best effort was probably her 2nd at Salisbury where she was a 2L 2nd to the Richard Hannon trained Lustrous who has since gone on to run in Group company. As i have mentioned she steps up to a mile for the first time which should hopefully suit and off an opening mark of 75 i feel she will run well for the Lanigan/Durcan partnership. Of the others Rudi Five One looks a big price at 20/1. 3.25 - Salisbury - Natalia @ 6/1 Bet365 Another runner contesting a handicap for the first time which i quite fancy is Natalia. She showed ability in all 3 of her starts to date but its the form of her latest start at Chepstow which looks really solid to me. The winner Iptisam won on his handicap bow nto off a mark of 78 and the 2nd placed horse, Rufoof, has won both his starts since, the latest of those wins was in a handicap off 70 so i feel she could be leniently handicapped off a mark of 60. The cut in the ground should be no problem at-all and she seemed to improve for the step up to 7f last time out. The booking of William Buick also points towards a good showing and with further improvement expected she looks the one to side with in a field of mainly low grade exposed types. Bigger Picture also needs considering for a shrewd yard on his UK debut. 1pt win singles + 0.25pt double (62/1)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.