jockey changes

bigslips

In the 5.00 at ayr yesterday there were two jockey changes, silver rime (20-1 winner) from P Makin to Oisin Murphy (5) who put up 1lb ow, the other was magic destiny (15-2 second btn a neck) from joey Haynes (5) to Daniel Tudhope. Can anyone tell me why these changes were made? It changed the weights massively (by 9lbs). I would like to hear anyones thoughts on this and if it is standard practise, thanks in advance :ok

Re: jockey changes

In the 5.00 at ayr yesterday there were two jockey changes' date=' silver rime (20-1 winner) from P Makin to Oisin Murphy (5) who put up 1lb ow, the other was magic destiny (15-2 second btn a neck) from joey Haynes (5) to Daniel Tudhope. Can anyone tell me why these changes were made? It changed the weights massively (by 9lbs). I would like to hear anyones thoughts on this and if it is standard practise, thanks in advance :ok[/quote'] Sometimes if a trainer has 2 runners in a race and one becomes a non runner they jock one off and put the jockey from the non runner on their 2nd horse. Jeremy Noseda had 2 at Donny the other week, Buick on the 1st choice and someone else on the 2nd. 1st choice was a non runner, Buick hops on the 2nd choice and the other jockey is left without a ride in that race. Not sure why they'd change Haynes to Tudhope but maybe he wasn't originally available and they'd rather have an experience jockey carrying 5lb more than an inexperienced claimer that takes off 5lb.

I am firmly of the opinion that when there is a jockey change you should have an option to cancel your bet. There are certain jockeys who I wouldn't back in a 1 horse race and sometimes due to misfortune of another jock' date=' you're lumbered with them. It absolutely vexes me.[/quote'] I agree. Something like the 'Action' or 'Pitchers must start' bet in baseball. With an 'Action' bet you could confirm your bet regardless of the starting jockey or you could use the 'Jockey must start' option to avoid costly changes. It's an interesting idea.

Sometimes if a trainer has 2 runners in a race and one becomes a non runner they jock one off and put the jockey from the non runner on their 2nd horse. Jeremy Noseda had 2 at Donny the other week' date=' Buick on the 1st choice and someone else on the 2nd. 1st choice was a non runner, Buick hops on the 2nd choice and the other jockey is left without a ride in that race. Not sure why they'd change Haynes to Tudhope but maybe he wasn't originally available and they'd rather have an experience jockey carrying 5lb more than an inexperienced claimer that takes off 5lb.[/quote'] part of the reason I backed it was because it had run well under a claiming jockey the year before as some horses seem to run better for more experienced pilots..

P. Makin the jockey originally booked for Silver Rime was stood down by the doctor' date=' No idea on the other one but it hurt me big style. Had an e/w double on Levitate and Magic Destiny @ 7/1 and 9/1, was wounded[/quote'] I had got on the horse on Friday at 12-1 and also had a double with levitate at 7-1.. I was at Ayr races and had managed to get a few winners but this would have taken my winnings to a different level entirely