Maidens

egg

Re: Maidens 4pts staked thursday 1.05pt returned -2.95 pts 190.47 Only one race today: 1.40 Redcar Majestic Missile was added to the notebook when running green over Cd ten days ago before, when the penny dropped MM stayed on ok into 5th place. Saranta hails from Fahey's yard who's had a great season with his 2yo's, owners Middleham Park Racing have got some useful 2yo's too this season and it wouldn't be a surprise to see this one go well on debut. .5pt e/w Majestic Missile @16/1 .5pt e/w Saranta @20/1 2pts staked.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Maidens rather typically Saranta just got run out of third place, very pleasing debut nonetheless and she's quite a tall filly and will no doubt need time to fill her frame. Majestic Missile didn't run too bad and was switched for a run a few times but never looked like getting that involved, a step up in trip looks in order. -2pts 188.47

Re: Maidens 3.30 Wolves Looks to between the first three in the betting in this maiden today. The godolphin runner disappointed last time and was given a break, she'll be dangerous if running to her best. The Noseda runner commands respect with Moore on the saddle but is too short for my punting. I like the Quatar Racing filly Big Boned at the odds available. She drops back in trip and changes tracks which I feel will suit her as her sire Street Sense has had 5 wins from 8 runners here. She raced prominent at Kempton on her first run before staying on same pace that day and the drop back in trip could be ideal. 1pt win Big Boned @11/4 5.10 Ponte Mark Johnston has the jolly here but is coming back from 100 days off having ran twice for Godolphin, on form he's the one to beat but very short odds. The Haggas runner is the one I like to take the fav on with, he has ran twice with and recorded two 'never nearer' over 7f and the step up in trip is sure to suit. the soft ground last run was probably against him too and whilst there's a touch of soft in todays going not as bad as then. 1pt win Artistical @ 9/2 .5 pt e/w double 3pts Staked

Re: Maidens Big Boned ran 3rd after being well backed into 2/1, well beaten though. Artistical was a huge disappointment in a very weak race, was one of the first under pressure and beaten a long way. Haven't had a great look at the maidens today, though I have three notebook horses running I dont really fancy any of them under today's conditions. 185.47.

Re: Maidens been busy past few days so no time for study, Lexington Abbey won @ 6/1 yesterday, put him up at Ayr few weeks ago when the ground was probably too soft, I missed him yesterday as I'd forgot to add him to my tracker for some reason! 5.40 Kempton Two godolphin runners and a Haggas(my nemesis) runner dominate the betting and form lines. I will take Zuhd from Haggas yard after he was notebooked on his debut run over 1m here. The drop to 7f isn't ideal given that he dwelt and stayed on last time but he should know more tonight. Takaathur drops in trip too, has been well beaten in two a/w runs although last time he was very keen so maybe the drop will suit. Desert Wings is making his a/w debut and is also drawn very wide, at evens he makes little appeal even if the trip suits. 1pt win Zuhd @ 5/2

Re: Maidens Zuhd didn't progress from his first run and I don't think the drop in trip was all to blame, Desert Wings hosed up and short odds. 3.40 York Zac Brown will be my selection here as I've been waiting for him for a few months. Nice debut at York(C3) when 7th behind a host of useful sorts, beaten 4L after travelling well before weakening late on. He then ran at Ripon and ran ok beaten 2L into 4th, Has been given time after the Ripon run and if reproducing his debut form should be bang there. 1pt win Zac Brown @ 9/1

Re: Maidens got 3 notebook runners today. 2.30 Goodwood Stan Nineteen was noted making good late headway after being switched on his debut run in a decent Newbury contest. Was hoping for a bit better price than 4/1 but the race lacks depth and may revolve around the market principles. Hannons will be dangerous no doubt whilst Nakuti sets a fair standard also. 1pt win Stan Nineteen @4/1 3.05 Goodwood Carthage and Norse Star were added to the notebook when they both ran in the same race on debut. Carthage was the big eyecatcher and as feared his price is too short for me in this race. Norse Dancer may find this too hot and has a fair bit to turn round with Carthage anyway although the step in trip will suit better. Danjeu is interesting given he cost 700,000 plus and has a Derby entry. Race to watch. No bet

Re: Maidens 3 notebook runners today but I'm not backing any of them. Dutch Romance is far too short whilst Nissaki Casta is by Sakhee's Secret who's progeny generally enjoy faster conditions, although she did run on soft on debut I doubt she'd want it heavy. Art Obsession I was tempted by but 2/1 is a bit short for me, I might play if it drifts to 11/4 or longer.

Re: Maidens I've been busy with work that past week or so but now that's out of the way I can spend a bit more time on the thread. Art Obsession was disappointing last bet. Seemed to get unbalanced early on and got squeezed and bumped once or twice before pulling out to challenge, I thought he'd move through with his run but he just stayed on the same pace. The money came for the Ryan horse and he duly bolted up. Think I'd be inclined to give Art Obsession another go on less speedy track. couple of notebook runners won at short odds, both Sequined and Dutch Romance won easy enough whilst Nissaki Casta didn't enjoy the heavy ground.

Re: Maidens 2.10 Nott Montaly was noted staying on when 5th on debut. Has a stamina packed pedigree and with stamina very much needed over 1m on testing ground he gets my vote. Dangers are aplenty but with a good debut run behind him he should run well if handling the ground which is question mark for the opposition too. 1pt win Montaly @ 9/1 3.00 Lingfield Syros carried my money at Redcar last run when he travelled best of all throughout much of the race before onepacing into 3rd. The ability to travel is paramount on the polytrack and he should get a nice position from stall 8. His sire Kheleyf gets his fair share of 2yo winners here. Loads of likely types on paper in this contest but quite a few have wide draws. 1pt win Syros @ 9/1

Re: Maidens A welcome winner as Montaly grinds it out. Syros ran 2nd to the Hannon/Hughes newcomer. A few maidens at Kempton toinight but I dont think I'll be playing. the 6.40 has some interesting runners notably Continental Drift, Anna's Vision and Perfect Pursuits(well backed). 7.10 Im quite tempted by Quoth but Applebys newcomers have been too green to do themselves justice in the main. Dancing Sands sets the standard in th 7.40 but plenty of newcomers from big stables are represented so a watch here. A few exposed types in the 8.40 including Saddaqa(fingers burnt lto), Layl and Murasil catch my eye but again no play. bank 189.47

Re: Maidens 6.20 Kempton Moonspring ran well when 2nd over CD last run and gets my vote tonight. Red Cossack ran over Cd last time when 4th and will be a danger. The dark horse is New Row who has been supported from 20's into 10s and probably found the soft ground against her. Teofilo 2yo at Kempton return some healthy profits so I'll have a saver on her. 1pt win Moonspring @ 7/2 .5pt win New Row @ 10/1

Re: Maidens 4.05 Haydock Tall Ship was noted on debut and is taken to progress today. Baarez hung badly on debut which probably cost hime the race but that race was of gd/fm and today's softer ground may not suit. Tall Ship stayed on eyecatching first run and Stoute's runners invariably progress after their debut. Sea The Stars progeny are so far showing a liking for give underfoot and at 7/2 looks a fair price. 1pt win Tall Ship @7/2

Re: Maidens 2.20 Haydock Been waiting for Latin Charm to run in Redcars 1.30 to assess the form of his Yarmouth race where he finished 3rd. He won that race today so has boosted the form of Deadly Approach who finished behind him at Yarmouth. Godolphin have two in this race so its never ideal but it looks like Personal opinion is the first string but I'll take the 'white cap' and SDS here. The second in the Yarmouth ran second to Montaly at Nottingham the other day to further add a bit to the form, Deadly Approach was typical green that day and just onepaced into 5th, the extra 2f should suit today. 1pt win Deadly Approach @ 10/1

Re: Maidens two disappointing efforts today, think most maiden bets will be on a/w from now on as the turf form is hard to equate given ground conditions, still be odd turf bet if I'm pretty confident about ability to handle ground. -2pts 191.47

Re: Maidens 1.50 Yarmouth Marco Botti saddles the well backed newcomer Sir Robert Cheval and the yard is going well just now but I'll take him on as he is way to short in the betting now. Mark Johnston and SDS combine with Right Of Appeal who debuted in a C3 event at York in June. Dubawi's go on most ground so there's a good chance he'll handle the soft and he's also been well supported into 7/2. Im going to have a saver on Ed Dunlops Kaab too as the Leicester maiden made his debut in has thrown out a lot of winners with four rated in the 90's now, he's been off the track for a good while which is a slight concern but Kheleyf's do go on soft. 1pt win Right Of Appeal @ 7/2 .5pt win Kaab @ 7/1 6.10 Kempton Nice race this with some interesting runners. Been crunching some stats for this one as there's little to go on and thrown up a selection. I was going to go with Sequester as she's notebooked after her debut run but her sire is yet to have a 2yo winner here from 20 plus attempts which is enough for me to leave her. I backed Big Boned last time out and although back up in trip with a good dirt pedigree I didn't like her effort lto. Im going with Ed Walkers Gracefilly on debut as Invincible Spirits 2yo do well here and especially fillies. They have a 25% win S/R in female only races and a 50% place S/R, they're also 6-28 at 7f and 9-31 first time out. Walker can ready a newcomer and although he hsan't had a 2yo placed from 10 runners here I think there's enough in the other stats to warrant a wager at 20/1. .5pt e/w Gracefilly @ 20/1

Re: Maidens 7.20 Kempton I Have Ian's Memory notebooked after his debut run where I backed him but today he is far too short in the betting given the oppostion. I like the look of the Stoute trained Sahara Desert with Moore up, slowly away and green on debut he made up late headway when it looked like a race where you needed to be up with the pace. Up another furlong today and with improvement likely he should be thereabouts. There's some good looking a/w pedigrees in the line up and may be race to keep an eye on. .5pt e/w Sahara Desert @ 9/1 I have Touch The Sky noted too and he runs in the 4.10 at Newmarket, dunno whether he'll handle the soft ground and at 9/4 looks a bit short given the doubt. Instead Im going to have a nibble on an outsider, Mutaraadif trained by Roger Varian who gets plenty of fto winners. His sire is Dynaformer and his stats suggest there's a good chance he'll be suited by trip and ground. 2yo on soft 4-17, fto 12-60, 5-31 @ course, 16-58 @ 8f, 20-96 in Class 4/5. I'd be more confident if it was a fillies race as the stats are much better. Varian hasn't had a fto winner at Newmarket but I'm sure thats only a matter of time given his record, ability and horses. He's 10-49 with colts on debut overall. .5pt e/w Mutaraadif @ 20/1

Re: Maidens 7.40 Wolves Great Fighter should appreciate the step up in trip tonight and although short enough I can't really see much opposition bar Fantasy In Blue from Stoutes yard. 1pt win Great Fighter @ 9/4 8.40 Wolves Bison Grass improved from first to second run and should be in the mix tonight. He ran at Kempton fto over 8f and stayed on nicely before running on turf lto and again stayed on well to be 2nd, up to 10f should suit well. The Godolphin runner sets the standard here but is too short for me whilst Ed walkers runner could be dangerous stepping up in trip although his 8L conqueror was beaten off 67 next run. Bison Grass 1pt win @ 9/2

Re: Maidens 1.30 Newbury Flight Officer is taken to make a winning debut here as Saeed Bin Suroor has a quite brilliant record here with 2yo colts. win 43% and place 71%. 1pt win @ 5/2 2.10 Doncaster Im going again with the Godolphin runners in this maiden as again Bin Suroor's record is ther for all to see, 9-20 with 2yo fillies (45%) and a place of 70%. Arabian Beauty was eased on debut when her chance had gone and should be more forward this time whilst Natural Choice is taken as a saver as we all know that the second colours win a fair share. 1pt win Arabian Beauty @ 7/1 .5pt win Natural Choice @ 8/1 8.00 Wolves Sbrasse has been of the track for over 100 days after 2 staying on efforts over 1m. Should appreciate the step up in trip on both runnings and pedigree. James Tate does well at the course and whilst Channons runners sets a decent standard he does look vulnerable to an inprover or newcomer. 1pt win Sbraase @ 7/2

Re: Maidens Flight Officer was arguably unlucky not to win, SDS switched into trouble before switching again and went down by half a length. Arabian Beauty ran well but green when 2nd at 14's, Natural Choice ran ok too in 4th place, feel both horses would have been better if raced further to pace on this ground.

Re: Maidens 1.15 Newbury Cascading ran well on debut and looking at her rounded action should handle soft ground. The race today doesnt look too deep with the Hannon/Hughes fav the obvious one to beat. 1pt win Cascading @ 4/1 1.45 Newbury Going with the Godolphin runner again in this one, Bin Suroors S/R with fillies here isn't as good as it is with colts but at the odds worth a punt to improve upon her debut run. On debut she wasn't really put into the race and kept on over 7f. Again looking at her action she has a bit of knee so may well be more suited to a softer surface. 1pt win Super Moment @ 12/1

Re: Maidens no good Saturday with a 3rd and a 5th, Super Moment was hammered in the betting and ended up 4/1 so obviously better was expected, another chance will be given as the ground was deep. 4.40 Wolves Interception ran ok on her seasonal debut and David Lanigan is a trainer I like(even more with a different stable jockey), he does very well on the a/w and his runners are always worthy of consideration. im going to go with My Trust at the odds, she ran well enough here on debut last year when denied a clear run, she turned out quickly and ran flat but has been given a year off now. For Godolophin to persevere with her one would think they'd expect her to win races at some point. My Trust 1pt win @2/1