NFL & NCAAF Ante-Post selections

AGurv

Re: My Pick To win the NCAAF Championship basically its 6.25/1. Haven't seen anything near 8/1 in these parts. The line I got was the best I saw on US Books. Sorry for lack of explanation but basically its a hedge opportunity. I believe it will be Alabama vs OSU in the BCS Championship. Braxton Miller is the Heisman favorite and I expect Urban Meyer to lead him and OSU to a great year. Big 10 is soft as always. Alabama is only about 2.5-3/1 to on all books that I've seen. Not worth a bet at those odds to wait around for a year. That's how I see it plays out, bet Alabama in the natty if it does. However if OSU plays anyone other then Alabama the odds are in my favor. If OSU just doesn't make it II'm **** out of luck. But I feel pretty confident about them.

Re: My Pick To win the NCAAF Championship Thanks for the explanation Agurv, bit surprising our bookies are offering the best odds,but if your interested in comparing odds in the future,this site is excellent,covers all bookie bets on offer,http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/college-football/bcs-championship/winner http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl bit of a soft spot for Alambama now, first anti post bet on NCCAF was Alabama 2 yrs ago and.got the best price,way above most bookies ,12/1 or 16/1,just lucky bet on value rather than opinion.lol. last year.Alabama again 6/1. think Manziel tore them apart one game and i thought they had blew it.next week everyone else blew it. to let them in.:rollin your right 3/1 for this year is stingy but had a couple of free bets so had a £10 on them for this year as well.Johny Manziel for Heisman for me, to be honest no idea how the voting works but he made some incredible plays last year. it will be interesting when he goes into the NFL, he will need extra thick padding if he dares to make the runs he does now:lol Alabama 13/5 3 3 3 11/4 11/4 11/4 31/10 11/4 3 Ohio State 7 8 7 7 7 7 15/2 7 7 13/2 7 15/2 Oregon 8 13/2 7 7 6 7 10 13/2 7 7 6 11 7 37/15 LSU 14 12 10 12 11 12 12 12 14 11 10 16 12 19/8 Texas A&M 14 14 10 12 14 12 16 12 14 12 12 18 12 70/23

Re: My Pick To win the NCAAF Championship The heisman is voted on by former members who have won it and a small contingency of media. We shall see if Manziel is even eligible to play all year. Doubt he wins the heisman again though

Re: My Pick To win the NCAAF Championship

The heisman is voted on by former members who have won it and a small contingency of media. We shall see if Manziel is even eligible to play all year. Doubt he wins the heisman again though
Thanks, Didn't know there was a problem with Manziel, bookies a bit stingy with the odds as low as 5/1, i got 9/1 but no good if he dosent even start. Never mind any future anti posts on college football i ask advice lol

I doubt he doesn't play. He's been investigated for taking money for signing autographs
Hope so thanks, sounds a but weird, you would think even pros wouldn't try that one even if was legal.

Not all that weird. Aggies gear and johnny football stuff with his scribble on it will sell for decent cash and if you are a student that doesnt make any cash the extra dollar would be nice. That said i read his family are reasonably wealthy so why he would need a few bucks i aint sure as he is hardly from the ghetto Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Not all that weird. Aggies gear and johnny football stuff with his scribble on it will sell for decent cash and if you are a student that doesnt make any cash the extra dollar would be nice. That said i read his family are reasonably wealthy so why he would need a few bucks i aint sure as he is hardly from the ghetto Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah of course but I took it for granted that he wouldn't be so stupid to endorse merchandise with a signature , sounds stupid to tell someone who wants your autograph to pay you money as well.could be a deal has been done by friends or something and maybe a misunderstanding somewhere.

NFL Futures NFL Futures -Baltimore Ravens Defending champions Ravens starts the new campaign with massive number of changes. On the defensive end, besides changing almost all members of secondary line from the winning team, they lost two very influential, future hall of famer, dressing room leaders, LB Ray Lewis and S Ed Reed. They lost a prominent pass rusher OLB Paul Kruger and a solid rush defender LB Dannell Ellerbe. This might look too much for a team to recover, but if Ozzie Newsome is making the calls, it’s a managable task. They brought OLB Elvis Dumervil, who’s arguably an upgrade for Kruger’s role. LB Daryl Smith is arrived to compensate Lewis’ retirement. Despite having an injury-hit 2012 campaign, Smith is more then capable to own the middle. Second rounder rookie LB Arthur Brown will certainly add depth there. FS Michael Huff has been brought to compensate Reed’s departure and although there’s nothing to compare, Huff is amongst solid starters in pro football, anyway. DE’s like Chris Canty and Marcus Spears will provide the depth, Ravens seem to lack, last season. CB Lardarius Webb is back after an injury-hit 2012 campaign to pair up with CB Corey Graham. Motivational matters are not negligible, but with star veterans DE Haloti Ngata and OLB Terrell Suggs are coming out of mediocre seasons with things to proove, with numerous play makers, besides the ones mentioned above, like DE Arthur Jones, OLB Pernell McPhee, OLB Courtney Upshaw, ILB Albert McClellan and ILB Jameel McClain (expected to be back in november...) and tons of depth, this Ravens defense seems even better then Super Bowl winning one. On the other end of the pitch, Ravens has some obvious problems. QB Joe Flacco will start new season after getting a huge extension, without couple of his favourite targets. As WR Anquan Boldin is departed and TE Dennis Pitta is out, at least until winter, offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell has a lot work to do. But, Ravens kept their solid offensive line and re-signed with FB Vonta Leach. Flacco still has couple reliable hands to throw at like WR’s Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones and he still has monsterous RB Ray Rice. Rice’s ability to get lined up as slot receiver will help them a lot, since young RB Bernard Pierce already showed his potential and that sounds as a sollution for lacking solid personnel with the receiving team. Ravens has a perfect schedule, they’ll play nine games at home and four of six away games are against Dolphins, Browns, Bills and Lions, the teams which are at least one-two level worse then Ravens. Considering Flacco&Harbaugh domination history at home and quality on paper, Ravens will nail at least seven of those home games (especially as you consider Bengals will have a run to win the AFC North, that might prevent Ravens to get relaxed for last couple regular season games, as well...). So, Ravens not to win more then 8.5 games will be one of the biggest surprises of new season, as long as they have tons of major injuries. To win over 8.5 regular season games 10/10 @ 1.917 Last b2b Super Bowl winner was the Patriots, back in 2005, almost a decade ago. But, current odds definitely has value for me. To win Super Bowl 2/10 @ 29.270 ...and they’re set as third favourite to win AFC North division, after Bengals and Steelers. Sorry, but WTF? To win AFC North division 4/10 @ 3.93 -Kansas City Chiefs Chiefs coming out of a 2-14 season and had only one season with winning record in the past six seasons. They started the off season with major structural changes such as firing the GM Pioli and head coach Romeo Crannel and bringing Andy Reid as the new head coach. Reid had an successful, long time with Eagles and is definitely an upgade after Crannel. But, I seriously doubt he has enough material to create a winning team, after such a dissapointing season. On the offensive end, Chiefs brought QB Alex Smith is their new signal caller. Despite being an upgrade after the season with Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn, Alex Smith before Jim Harbaugh was a mediocre starting QB, at most. He’s hesitant with big plays to sidelines and that’s the speciality of the best receiver he has, WR Dwyane Bowe. His first RB Jamaal Charles is still an inconsistent guy, with one major injury during his career, has couple minor ones already and also he started off season with a surgery. They don’t have a solid back up for him, they don’t have any solid full back to relieve him. Besides unreliable Bowe, their only solid receiver is WR Dexter McCluster, who lacks big play potential, on contrary. Off season acquisition WR Donnie Avery is a pass dropping machine, etc etc...Only solid material is offensive line of Chiefs’ offense team, but that also consists of inexperienced guys, mostly. Defense team is an another story. Besides OLB Tamba Hali, ILB Derrick Johnson, SS Eric Berry and CB Brandon Flowers, they have unproven potential guys, mediocre overpaid guys and unqualified players for pro football. They definitely have better material then the team which allowed 26.6 points per game last season, but there is a lot work to do to build a solid defensive squad, out of these personnel. They lack pass rushing and they have couple questionable guys with coverage, in the secondary line. They were one of the worst defenses against rushing and changing DT Glenn Dorsey with DT Mike DeVito is not enough to solve that, as well. To be in same division with Chargers and Raiders is a plus definitely, but Chiefs doesn’t have an easy schedule at all. Texans, Giants, Cowboys, Broncos and Colts are five of eight teams, which will visit Chiefs and I really doubt if they can take multiple W’s out of them and in overall, I don’t expect them to win more then 6 games. To win under 7.5 regular season games 5/10 @ 2.47 -Tampa Bay Buccaneers Bucs are coming out of a 7-9 season, but they didn’t make enough to convince about getting forward. CB Darrelle Revis is a top acquisition, but as he’ll line up opposite to rookie CB Johnthan Banks, who has a lot of to proof after a dissapointing draft combine, teams mostly will avoid Revis, who’s coming out of an ACL injury, by the way. FS Dashon Goldson has arrived from 49ers for tons of guaranteed money, recent history is full of cases of dissapointment, when a player leaves a Super Bowl contender for a better contract. He has huge shoes to fill, after the retirement of future hall of famer Ronde Barber. This team needs pass rushing and nothing had been done to improve that, also best rushing statistics might get hurt a little, as they lost DT Roy Miller. Newcomer DT Derek Landri is not a bad player, but worse then Miller, for me. I suspect those two top free agent signings to make big effect as their names. They had “ok good” offensive stats, last season. RB Doug Martin had an incredible rookie campaign, last spring’s top acquisition WR Vincent Jackson made up to the expectations and other starter WR Mike Williams provided a solid help. So, logic tells this offense should get better, as those pivotal players will have their second years with QB Josh Freeman. But, i certainly doubt so. Freeman is hell of an inconsistent player, despite having a solid potential and skills set. It’s true that he’s improved under new head coach Greg Schiano, after a terrible 2011 campaign, but the numbers were still not convincing enough. Despite breaking numerous franchise records during 2010 campaign, his inconsistency prevented Bucs’ front office to give him the big deal, this summer. I’m not sure if that’ll be good for his self confidence, especially having a terrible pre season. He doesn’t have a solid target at TE position and one of the best OG’s of the league, Carl Nicks is still struggling with toe problems, after missing almost all of last season. Finally, Mike Williams is known for his terrible work ethic and after clinching the big contract with solid guaranteed money, nobody expects him to get better, at all. Their schedule will not help them as well, they’ll play seven games at home and nine games on the road. Besides the ones against division opponents, they’ll host 49ers team at week 14, when they’ll probably be in a hunt to clinch their division, against Seahawks, also they’ll host a tough nut to crack, Cardinals team and Dolphins team at week 10, until then they would potentially dealt their problems, because of transitions at some pivotal points. Their division has QB’s Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Cam Newton, all of them are terrible match ups for this Bucs team and they’ll have to contain them for twice...This team can take a small step forward, but I don’t think it’ll be enough to effect their record, from last season. To win under 7.5 regular season games 5/10 @ 2.24 All plays are taken from pinnacle. Good luck to everyone for new season.

My Pick To win the Superbowl... Last year I won with the Ravens...lets see if I can do it again... Falcons +1600 No need to pussy foot around. I took this team 2 years ago and they bitterly failed me. I feel this is a better team, with better experience. They are complete, seemingly solid players at every facet of the game. If they can win home field, I believe they will be tough to get by this year in the playoffs. GL

Re: My Pick To win the Superbowl... I agree that there're some obvious indications to pass top favourites: Broncos lost couple key defensive players, has a questionable running game personnel and will not use Von Miller for almost half of regular season. Seahawks has a great defense obviously, but seriously thin at receiving, like 49ers. Until both Manningham and Crabtree return, they might drop some games, which might cost them home field advantage, in the later stage. Tom Brady is coming off a serious injury, he'll start the season with completely new receivers. Their best WR Amendola is an injury prone guy. Kinda transition period for Patriots, I seriously don't love them this season. Packers re-signed some crucial pieces, but also lost some aged, but decent starters and they trust too much to a rookie, Eddie Lacy. Texans' almost all pivotal players are injury prone, Arian Foster's health situation is not trustable. I mean, of course none of the teams are perfect, but when there are some obvious problems with every teams' squads, it's pure logic to bet on second, even third level of favourites. You choose Falcons, I took Ravens, as I wrote at other topic, one can say, I'm relieved to see Andre Brown is not gone for season and I'm taking Giants. I would support all those three plays. Even, with better protection and at contract year, with new offense-oriented coaching staff, someone might give a chance to Jay Cutler's Bears, as well. 30+ odds seem juicy. Anyway, good luck with your selection and I must congratulate you for last season's winner with Ravens. (I was not a member then, but definitely a follower...)

Re: My Pick To win the Superbowl... Seahawks is my selection. Defence wins championships and they have a young potent offence that should be able to put up some fairly large numbers anyway. Don't see any value in the broncos tbh as although they would appear to have all basis covered it just doesn't look like even with a star QB that they have enough to win it. Patriots can never be ruled out and the Brady Gronk duo will have to go big to win it, due to a lot of their star players leaving. Still expect them to be up there. Packers are in the same boat. Its very open from what i can see, with any of a dozen teams in with a shout. Would be great to see the ravens follow up, but they too have lost some big names.

Cincinatti bengals. This is hopefully the year dalton does a flacco and takes the next step. Defense is hugely underrated their pass rush is insane and they have one of the games better wideouts and a decent 1-2 at tight end with gresham and eifert if bernard is as advertised at rb to form a duo with the law firm and dalton can move up a level they could make their price look big come january Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: NFL Futures AP Offensive Rookie Of the Year Rams will have a questionable running game and adding only OT Jake Long with injury background won’t solve their pass protection problems at all. QB Sam Bradford is an inconsistent guy and will have couple more hands to feed like TE Jared Cook and his favourite target WR Chris Givens, as well as rookie sensation Tavon Austin. His speed is outstanding and he’s a pass catching machine, but he’ll have to play with a not accurate passer, who’ll struggle time to time because of poor protection and Austin’s small frame may cost him some red zone targets in pro football. Broncos will also potentially struggle with pass protection, as they have injury problems with offensive line. Payton Manning has great receivers to aim for and Montee Ball has couple decent back ups, to whom he’ll share workload. Bills’ QB EJ Manuel will start the season after recovering from a minor injury and behind a newly constructed offensive line and he has two great running backs, which will limit his big play numbers. As long as, he produces incredible amount of TD’s, considering his team is still one of the weakest around, I’ll pass Manuel with odds around 10, as well. Another potential candidate WR DeAndre Hopkins will have to line up opposite to Andre Johnson, in a running-first team. His targets and stats won’t be enough to win this award. After the camp and preseason, it became official that RB Eddie Lacy will handle most of the snaps for Packers. DaJuan Harris is out for season, so Lacy will be overly utilized. QB Aaron Rodgers has lots of shining targets, but there’s changes with the offensive line, fourth rounder OT David Bakhtiari will start at Rodgers’ blind site and this is obviously a concern. Packers had always been a pass-first team with Rodgers, but also they didn’t have a solid running back at that era, as well. (Except Ryan Grant, at 2009 and he had been used frequently, anyway...) Despite having a pass-oriented head coach Mike McCarthy and OC Tom Clements, Packers attempted 27.1 rushing plays per game last season, despite only solid RB on squad, Cedric Benson ended the season with an injury at October. So, Lacy will be given enough, for him win this award. Despite it had been won by QB’s for last three years, this is an award mostly won by RB’s, throughout the history. Eddie Lacy 2/10 @ 8.5 paddy power, coral, betway (available 7+ almost everywhere) After following the preseason, I must also consider Tom Brady’s most consistent receiving option, as well. Danny Amendola is the first WR to look for at Pats, but he’s definitely injury prone, Brady’s favourite red zone target Rob Gronkowski will definitely miss some fair amount of time. Kenbrell Thompkins won the starting job and there doesn’t seem a lot to concern about him losing it in near future. Pats will rush more this season, but with odds bigger 15, Thompkins definitely have enough value, since he’ll play with one of the greatest QB’s of all time and seems to have good connection already, with him. In the case Amendola, or couple of potential winners of this award get injured, bet365’s offer for Thompkins will evolve to a joke. Kenbrell Thompkins 1/10 @ 21.0 bet365 (15+ at paddy power, betway) AP Defensive Rookie Of the Year I really love Steelers’ OLB Jarvis Jones here, couple of bigger favourites DE’s Sylvester Williams and Ezekiel Ansah are arriving after free agent signings of their teams respectively, and both of those veteran signings have successful past with some members of those teams’ coaching staff. Another candidate Ravens’ ILB Arthur Brown is coming off an off season injury and has a solid veteran Daryl Washington in front of him, at depth charts. Browns’ Barkevious Mingo and Dolphins’ lost significant amount of time to the injuries. Mingo is not first at depth charts for his position, whereas Jordan rehabbed more then four months after the draft and he needs to change his position. S’s Kenny Vaccaro and Matt Elam are locked to starting positions, but Vaccaro will be targeted frequently as Saints suck with pass rushing, whereas Elam is surrounded with numerous playmakers, which should prevent him to produce impressive numbers. My biggest concern is Panthers’ DT Star Lotulelei as he will start with a pivotal role in Panthers’ front seven. But, he’s not an attacker, he’s a beast with occupying the blockers and muscling them. So, he’ll help his talented teammates to make plays, I suspect him to produce flashy numbers. And, he had heart problems before draft, he seems to be ok for now, but that should be noted too. Jarvis Jones will not start from beginning. But, as James Harrison left the team, he’ll be an essential piece of a three men, outside linebacker rotation. Steelers already had great defensive numbers, but Harrison’s departure is a significant blow and leaves more than enough stats to get picked by the rookie Jones. Legendary DC Dick LeBeau runs a complicated scheme, which won’t fit a rookie for sure, but everybody from Steelers’ front office sounded very excited with his improvement, throughout the camp. Jones had a steadily improving college career and he’s definitely a play maker. He’s expected to take the starting role from Jason Worilds around middle of the season and Worilds had injury issues at past, too. I believe, his rotational role might even will be enough to post the most flashy numbers amongst all rookies, but if he earns the starting job as well, this bet should become a really fun one to follow. 8 of last 10, 10 of last 13 DRPY awards won by linebackers and the exceptions were future HoF’s Julius Peppers and Ndamukong Suh and CB Dunta Robinson, who had the best season of his career when he was rookie. Everything above 8.5 deserves a small bet. Jarvis Jones 2/10 @ 12.0 skybet, paddy power, willhill (11.0 at ladbrokes)

Re: NFL Futures Rushing Yards Leader - LeSean McCoy @ 29 Bet365 One reason for this, pure and simple: Chip Kelly. He loves to play a hurry up offense which will both increase the number of rushing attempts and also make opposing defences less effective over time, which will allow a player like McCoy to bust some big runs. LaMichael James was rushing leader once and 2nd once under Kelly and I really see no reason why this should change. AP is the obvious threat but with Felton out for the first few games and no Harvin I think we'll see a reduction in his total from last year. For me this is a standout value bet.

Re: NFL Futures Tom Brady to be leading passer. 12/1 Had a couple of nice bets the last few yrs on Brees to be leading passer,many believe Payton will mix it up a bit more this season but i think he will definitely still be in the running again. cant back him at 3/1 this year though, far too short. Only a few years ago Brady was always the favourite for this and he wasn't too far behind Brees last year. shame about Gronakowski but hopefully back soon. so more of a value bet than a strong fancy, ive seen far worse 12/1 bets.

Tom Brady to be leading passer. 12/1 Had a couple of nice bets the last few yrs on Brees to be leading passer,many believe Payton will mix it up a bit more this season but i think he will defiantly still be in the running again. cant back him at 3/1 this year though, far too short. Only a few years ago Brady was always the favourite for this and he wasn't too far behind Brees last year. shame about Gronakowski but hopefully back soon. so more of a value bet than a strong fancy, ive seen far worse 12/1 bets.
Boyles did have 9/2 each way 1/4 1-3 on brees which looked an each way bet to nothing. Havent checked if its still there though to be honest. Tony romo could be of interest in the market too as will have to pass when murraus leg inevitably falls off at some point during the season Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Most receiving yards Dez bryant 10/1 hills I will start by saying this price was bigger when i bet it but is now collapsing. Dez bryant was the best receiver in the league at the back end of the seawon and appears to have finally reached the point of maturity to fulfill his potential, he is on a cowboys team with a brittle running back in demarco murray that will likely be forced to throw when he is hurt and his main rival in the market calvin johnson now has reggie bush on his team as detroit attempt to get more balance on the offensive side of the ball. Dallas love to throw and miles austin and jason witten are not exactly pictures of health. Dez bryant is romos no.1 target and will definitely go close. Three places are available each way at 1/4 odds also Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: NFL Futures

Boyles did have 9/2 each way 1/4 1-3 on brees which looked an each way bet to nothing. Havent checked if its still there though to be honest. Tony romo could be of interest in the market too as will have to pass when murraus leg inevitably falls off at some point during the season Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks Danj, they must have been hammered as they are 3/1 now.as you say 9/2 ew first 3 did look like a bet to nothing,would have been very tempting.

• 1 month later...

Re: NFL Futures My pre-season selections are doing ok. Saints @ 22s, Colts @ 50s, still gives me an interest, although cannot see past the Broncos at the moment. It will need an injury to Peyton to stop them? Receiving Yards - Jimmy Graham @ 66s each way - can see this at least placing. Rushing Yards - ahem, ahem, cough cough - David Wilson, ouch Off Rookie - Tyler Eiffert @ 25s - another down the pan Def Rookie - Sheldon Richardson - another down the pan

• 1 month later...
Ohio St +625
Should get in the game from here agurv......unless auburn wins the sec title and leapfrogs them but dont see them doing that if the buckeyes win the big 10 like we know they will. The noles surely will be a big fav in the title game but you gotta be in it to win it as they say!! Good luck Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Re: NFL Futures

Rushing Yards Leader - LeSean McCoy @ 29 Bet365 One reason for this, pure and simple: Chip Kelly. He loves to play a hurry up offense which will both increase the number of rushing attempts and also make opposing defences less effective over time, which will allow a player like McCoy to bust some big runs. LaMichael James was rushing leader once and 2nd once under Kelly and I really see no reason why this should change. AP is the obvious threat but with Felton out for the first few games and no Harvin I think we'll see a reduction in his total from last year. For me this is a standout value bet.
This was the bet of year on this board! Wasn't even close McCoy won this by 300 yards!