ladbrokes not paying out, please help!

hi, Last wednesday 26th June, race at Kepmton 7.20 finished a dead heat between an even horse and a 14-1, even the the evens won very clearly. I accepted the photo even though I thought it was crazy decision. Two days ago, the judge amended the result, making the even favourite horse the clear winner (which was obvious). William Hill and other bookies have paid out, and ladbrokes arent for some reason. Should I file a complaint as I staked a lot of money, or what do you suggest? Kind Regards

Re: ladbrokes not paying out, please help! I would go to the press and highlight their greedy policy. A letter to the racing post or anybody who might fight your corner. Matt Chapman ATR maybe? Nobody likes bad publicity and they may give you an ex-gracia payment if there are public people lobbying for you. Then close your account if it suits.

Re: ladbrokes not paying out, please help!

I would go to the press and highlight their greedy policy. A letter to the racing post or anybody who might fight your corner. Matt Chapman ATR maybe? Nobody likes bad publicity and they may give you an ex-gracia payment if there are public people lobbying for you. Then close your account if it suits.
Joe ...the RP receive hundreds of thousands in advertising off Ladbrokes and Victor...There not going to dump on their own doorstep...and ATR get millions of revenue off Ladbrokes...Don't hold your breath....

Joe ...the RP receive hundreds of thousands in advertising off Ladbrokes and Victor...There not going to dump on their own doorstep...and ATR get millions of revenue off Ladbrokes...Don't hold your breath....
Never a truer word spoken. They have to settle on the day's result - if they didn't then mathematically they'd be losing out on the race. Heaven forbid. Blame the judge who got the result wrong and if it helps take some solice the the fact he has been sacked - unlike Jockey's who just get a suspension when they make a mistake or bookmakers who get away with whatever they want all of the time. Morally, they should pay you but I suppose their view is that they can't recover the money they've already paid out on the 2nd(!). Good Luck if you do chase it.

one obvious example of something similar was when dunguib won the bumper at cheltenham and then failed a dope test and the race was awarded to whatever was second. its a hell of a precedent to set to start paying out on results amended days/weeks later Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Never a truer word spoken. They have to settle on the day's result - if they didn't then mathematically they'd be losing out on the race. Heaven forbid. Blame the judge who got the result wrong and if it helps take some solice the the fact he has been sacked - unlike Jockey's who just get a suspension when they make a mistake or bookmakers who get away with whatever they want all of the time. Morally, they should pay you but I suppose their view is that they can't recover the money they've already paid out on the 2nd(!). Good Luck if you do chase it.
Altho the paid out on the 16/1 win, they also got away with 8/5 on the place, instead of just over 3/1, Yes there will be a slight loss in the scheme of things if they pay out the evens winner, but have you noticed how even in the face of widespread condemnation those LADBROKES reps who like to come on telly, have all gone missing...I blame the BHA, as this was easy to turn around, they stick their heads in the ground, when it comes to punters...They knew within mins...and could have called an inquiry, but they delayed and delayed until the next day.

Altho the paid out on the 16/1 win' date=' they also got away with 8/5 on the place, instead of just over 3/1, Yes there will be a slight loss in the scheme of things if they pay out the evens winner, but have you noticed how even in the face of widespread condemnation those LADBROKES reps who like to come on telly, have all gone missing...I blame the BHA, as this was easy to turn around, they stick their heads in the ground, when it comes to punters...They knew within mins...and could have called an inquiry, but they delayed and delayed until the next day.[/quote'] wrong! place terms for a dead heat first are unaffected the places paid out in full Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

wrong! place terms for a dead heat first are unaffected the places paid out in full Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
ok,,,,,apologies.:ok.But this result was known within MINS by the BHA,,not weeks/days later, the photo print would have been sent to them with mins,,,THEY KNEW more or less straight away,,its a pity no one had the nuts to make a decision ..instead of sticking their heads in the ground.

wrong! place terms for a dead heat first are unaffected the places paid out in full Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
What's going on here?!?! A modern day betting shop manager who knows how to settle a bet?! Unheard of... :clap :p ;)

Re: ladbrokes not paying out, please help! Maybe I'm being cynical, but in cases like this where some bookies make generous gestures (I'm pretty sure that no bookie had to pay out on the favourite according to their rules) and others don't, then my first thought is that the `generous' ones probably didn't have as much to lose as the `mean' ones, rather than that they're necessarily fundamentally nicer. It would be interesting to know whether the bookies that haven't paid out on the favourite had more generous early prices on the horse (and so probably took more money on it). Does anybody know?

Maybe I'm being cynical' date=' but in cases like this where some bookies make generous gestures (I'm pretty sure that no bookie [b']had to pay out on the favourite according to their rules) and others don't, then my first thought is that the `generous' ones probably didn't have as much to lose as the `mean' ones, rather than that they're necessarily fundamentally nicer. It would be interesting to know whether the bookies that haven't paid out on the favourite had more generous early prices on the horse (and so probably took more money on it). Does anybody know?
as a ladbrokes employee i would suggest its highly unlikely we had the best early price on either horse!!!! of course if we did one of our arbers dream offers....sorry i meant to say big price lockin where we enhanced it for ten minutes then maybe we did have big liability. as for chandler well i shall keep my personal opinions of him quiet Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

well. it depends on the payout what they can do as their levels of discretion only stretch so far. also whether or not you are a regular in that shop and/or are a big punter known locally. either way they are unlikely to want to lose your business. though as i say there is only a certain level that they can stretch to and if your terms of a big punter are the same as mine then it will be out of their hands and into their bosses hands Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ladbrokes staff in shop' date=' when I complained said they would try and figure it locally, does that mean anything, or any chance of anything happening?[/quote'] Have a tenner on Crystal Palace to win the League....You will have more of a chance...If they pay you and gets out...Even worse publicity...

as a ladbrokes employee i would suggest its highly unlikely we had the best early price on either horse!!!!
You're right, of course. What was I thinking? :D Though I have a thread in the Glory Hunters forum where I've made a few hundred quid by taking advantage of Ladbrokes when they do have generous early odds. Admittedly the opportunities are few and far between compared to other bookies, but they do happen occasionally.
as for chandler well i shall keep my personal opinions of him quiet
That's annoyingly discreet of you ...

Re: ladbrokes not paying out, please help! If you are a regular in that branch, and i mean a proper regular, not just once a week then the District Manager should make a special payment to keep the business if you stressed you would be going across the road from now on (if they have close competition that is). I know for a fact that they have these discretionary payments at their disposal, if they refuse it would be their way of getting rid of you if you are a profitable punter that they want off their hands. Make a fuss and you'll know the answer.

they paid me' date=' the full amount cheers for the help guys!![/quote'] So according to the logic, u must be a mug punter they'd like to keep! ;) JOKING, joking - very clearly joking. Cracking news - look @ it as free money and treat your good self :) Well done :)

Re: ladbrokes not paying out, please help! ladbrokes are the scum of the earth,obviously a little biased as had my account restricted then closed,and not for a life changing amount either,high st waste of time no bog and 2 points lower than most bookies on horses that have a chance(obvs traders doing their job)but it does stop me betting in there shops.

ladbrokes are the scum of the earth' date='obviously a little biased as had my account restricted then closed,and not for a life changing amount either,high st waste of time no bog and 2 points lower than most bookies on horses that have a chance(obvs traders doing their job)but it does stop me betting in there shops.[/quote'] To be fair, it's not as if it's just Ladbrokes that close accounts! At least they have shops - unlike the vermin at £3.65!!!

Re: ladbrokes not paying out, please help! Glad you got paid! If you don't state your case you have no chance. I cannot understand why some of you weren't with me on this. The worse they could have said was no. Ladbrokes are always the last to pay out on something like this but I would never advise anyone to close an account. Use them when it suits you and keep all options open.