Guineas Trials Leopardstown - pictures

Was at Leopardstown today for the Guineas trials. Great day of racing, some nice prospects lined up, particularly Fort Knox in the 2.000 Guineas trial, who came from well off the pace, what isn't easy at all at Leopardstown to win from. Battle Of Marengo did well to win on his seasonal reappearance, we'll see what this performance is worth. He looked very nice in the paddock before the race I thought. Declaration Of War was hugely impressive in the Heritage Stakes, AOB said he'll come on tons for this run. Not sure what to make of the 1.000 Guineas trial though. The race didn't look too strong, the winner won well enough but is not one to be really excited about. I really liked the performance of Michaelmas in the first race though. He didn't win but the ground was probably too soft for him and he'll be much better on a good surface. Also the way he stayed on despite running green is encouraging I think. Exogenesis dscn0337l.jpg The United States dscn0391q.jpg Fort Knox dscn0346g.jpg Windsor Palace dscn0439v.jpg Sweet Lightning dscn0479d.jpg O'Brien clan dscn0498kh.jpg Sweet Lightning dscn0533w.jpg Bolger and Manning dscn0527tz.jpg Windsor palace + Declaration of War dscn0513gj.jpg Hint of A Tint dscn0554o.jpg Jessica Harrington and Shane Foley dscn0564l.jpg Shane Foley and Liberating dscn0567jq.jpg Hint of A Tint dscn0595v.jpg Battle Of Marengo dscn0621it.jpg Battle Of Marengo dscn0635fw.jpg Battle Of Marengo dscn0674n.jpg Alpinist dscn0626la.jpg Fastidious winner of the 4.45 Handicap over 7f dscn0691e.jpg Under starter's order for the last dscn0706.jpg Start of the last race dscn0710l.jpg

Re: Guineas Trials Leopardstown - pictures What are the Irish tracks like to get to travel wise? I'd love to come over some time to either Leopardstown or Curragh for some top class Irish Racing. How much do they charge in and what are hotels like around the courses? I'm not sure if anywhere does any packages or if it would be cheap and easy enough to arrange it myself.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.