Irish Grand National + Jumps~ Monday 1st April

Rich Revival (8), Marasonnien (steamer.gif10), Romanesco (12), Sweeney Tunes (12), Carlingford Lough (14), Goonyella (steamer.gif14), Home Farm (14), Magnanimity (14drifter.gif), Panther Claw (steamer.gif14), Competitive Edge (steamer.gif20), Questions Answered (steamer.gif20), Jacksonslady (25), Rapidolyte De Ladalka (25), You Must Know Me (25drifter.gif), Cootamundra (28drifter.gif), Away We Go (33), Blazing Beacon (33), Hellberemembered(33drifter.gif), Jadanli (33), Junior (33drifter.gif) , Quietly Fancied (33drifter.gif), Cross Appeal (40), Muirhead (40), Our Victoria (40), Paddy Pub (40drifter.gif), Start Me Up (40drifter.gif), Whodoyouthink (50drifter.gif), Carloswayback (66drifter.gif), Liberty Counsel (66drifter.gif), Imperial Shabra (80drifter.gif)

Re: Irish Grand National + Jumps~ Monday 1st April

Panther Claw 1pt EW @ 14/1 Ladbrokes Probably a race not to get too involved in as there has only been 1 single figure priced winner of the race in the last 10 years. Panther Claw however makes plenty of appeal as long as he has gotten over his exertions from a couple of weeks ago, which got him into the race. His last run came 2 weeks ago where he did well to win a good race at Navan over 3m in testing ground. He had a hard race that day so you certainly take a chance with this one being 100% for this race but he fits plenty of the trends for the race and looks a progressive young staying chaser. He is only 7 years old and has only had 6 career starts over fences resulting in 2 wins, 3 placed efforts and a 4th behind the classy Mount Benbulben. He has already bumped into the likely favourite for this race in Rich Revival where he finished just over a length behind in 2nd over 2m5f at this track. He shaped that day as if in need of a longer trip and he followed that with a win next time out over 25f at Punchestown. He then came out and finished a good 3rd in the Thyestes chase at Gowran Park over 25f, but again looked in need of a longer trip. He won last time out at Navan over 3m where he managed to battle back near the line to win by over a length. He doesn’t really have a change of gear or do anything quickly but this step up in trip should suit him down to the ground. He is by Old

Vic whose progeny love these staying chases and I feel there could be more to come from him. The slower the ground the better for him as it will bring his stamina into play, so I wouldn’t want it any better than soft. Katie Walsh takes the ride, which doesn’t bother me as she has shown when partnering Seabass around the National fences last year how good she is. The only negative I have is that he is definitely vulnerable to anything with a chance of gear at the business end of the race but he will certainly be bang there if putting in a clear round.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.