New Poker Programme on Sky

swampster

Something in the new Inside Edge magazine.... It's not all glitz and glamour here at InsideEdge. Indeed, we make a point of staying in once a week - to enjoy the simple pleasures of poker home games. Which is what inspired us to team up with PokerStars to feature your home games in the magazine every month for the next half year. If your game is picked, you'll get the use of a PokerStars croupier, proper Vegas-style chips and cards to give your games the pro touch, official PokerStars clothes to make you look like a budding Chris Moneymaker, plus a few bottles of fizz to make the evening go off with a bang! What's more, each month's winner will go on to a final table of six in the InsideEdge Home Poker Tournament at a top London venue in the autumn. The overall winner picks up a seat in an EPT event worth 2000 Euros. All we ask is that you play a no-limit hold'em freeze-out tournament, and let us come round and take some pictures, so that we can stick them in the mag and record a few details about how the evening panned out. To enter please email the editor at [email protected] and put 'Poker Home Game' in the subject field. What are you waiting for? Put it out there as I'm sure there's gotta be somebody here in The Punter's Lounge who wants to do this? ;) :dude EDIT: There's a new channel on Sky called (funnily enough) The Poker Channel on 265. Currently it's just running previews for stuff they're gonna show like the Southern Californian Poker Tour and the British Open.

Men's magazines and their contests Well the men's magazine market is latching onto poker. Shame I didn't realise that Maxim's 'King of Poker' contest conicdes with the fact I work in the evenings on Monday nights (and it's been going for a few months now). FHM's contest is a little better though for the likes of me as they're trying to find 10 of the best unknown poker players and give them a seat at some poker party-cum qualifying tourney for the World Exchange Poker Open in London. http://www.worldpx.com/fhm/qualify.asp

Aaarrgghh! Everybody's getting in on the act. I wouldn't be able to have had a go but there was a 6:30pm £4,250 freeroll over at William Hill Poker today. Why? To promote their new weekly poker TV show on Sky channel 425 on Wednesday nights at 11pm (starts in little over half an hour). http://www.poker425.com/index.php I'm thoroughly pissed off. I'm going to try and get a fooking new job in the mornings/afternoons so I can go home in the evenings and play these fooking tournaments. :@