BBOTD - Wednesday 20th of March

20.15 Kempton: Isis Blue @ 12/1 VC Looks a hot race and Isis Blue looks not the most exciting animal in this field but there is loads to like about him on handicap debut. I thought he ran a huge race on his second career start over 6f, a distance probably a bit too sharp, in a pretty decent maiden. He finished really well that day suggesting there is a bit of talent in him. He ended the year with an effort I'd happily ignore as he wasn't ridden to finish the race in the best possible fashion. I thought he'd be very interesting if tackling Handicapps over 7-9f and with a pretty fair looking opening mark I think he could run a huge race tomorrow. He's been gelded over the winter and I expect him to be race fit after his break as Andrea Atzeni is an eye-catching jockey booking, known as a "job jockey". Trainer Millman doesn't use jockeys outside his family too often and if he does it's often an important sign, so he has also a 18% strike rate with Atzeni. Both had a 25/1 winner at Lingfield two days ago btw.. So I wouldn't be surprised if Isis Blue would run a huge race of bottom weight here tomorrow.

BBOTD Wednesday 20th 9.15 Kempton Signora Frasi 1pt win @ 16/1 Bet365 I think I have put this horse up a couple of times as my BBOTD with no success thus far. I do however think he could be dangerous tomorrow. His recent runs have been very poor over 7f here but he is much better over 8f as his record of 1-9-2-PU-4-2-4-2 over CD will suggest. He can be forgiven the pulled effort as he was unlucky to run into the back of a horse that was pulling up in front of him, which means he has only ever ran 1 poor race over CD. His last run over CD came 4 outings ago where he finished a fast finishing 2nd behind Aegean King. The draw of 14 does not worry me as he does like to be held up. More of a worry is that William Carson has had 3 runs on him in the past and never finished better than 8th on him. Tomorrow he races off a career low mark of, which means he can race in this class for the first time. If they go quick up top then I expect this horse to be finishing of his race very well, now dropped in to the bottom grade. Tony Newcombe had a good winner around 10 days ago with Hanoverian Baron so the stable are in decent nick.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.