India vs Australia - Test Series

kevshat

Australia are in India now for a four test series which we don't see much of these days. It's their last test series before the Ashes so gives everyone a last chance to see what we'll be up against in the summer and next winter. All four test matches are live on Sky over the next month and if their past series are anything to go by it should be a good quality series. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Feb 22 - Tue Feb 26 04:00 GMT | 09:30 local 04:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - India v Australia MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 22 - 31° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Mar 2 - Wed Mar 6 04:00 GMT | 09:30 local 04:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - India v Australia Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Mar 14 - Mon Mar 18 04:00 GMT | 09:30 local 04:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd Test - India v Australia Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Mar 22 - Tue Mar 26 04:00 GMT | 09:30 local 04:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th Test - India v Australia Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: India vs Australia - Test Series Series preview: 4pts India to win first test and the series 15/8 Bet365 The series as a whole could come down to a battle of the spinners and how each side play the spinners. India’s batsmen will have it slightly easier than they did against England because there is no Swann or Monty in the Australia side whereas Australia aren’t really known as a good side of playing spin and they struggled at times against Herath in non spin friendly conditions in Australia recently. On bare form the Indian spinners look a lot better than the Australian ones and in a series where spin will be crucial I think India can get the early lead and ram home the advantage. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-australia-test-series-betting-india-can-get-an-early-lead-in-the-series-and-not-surrender-it

Re: India vs Australia - Test Series 1st test preview: 4pts M.Clarke's Performance Pts - 101&Over 5/6 Bet365 I’m interested to see how Michael Clarke plays in this test match. With the bat he’s in terrific form and it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility for him to go well here as he plays spin very well but with only one spinner and on a wicket which historically turns a lot as the game goes on, he might well bring himself on to turn his arm over for a few overs and that makes his 101pt performance target look very achievable. Clarke’s good enough to cover that with the bat but given that he could take a wicket or two I think he has an even better chance of covering it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-australia-1st-test-betting-michael-clarke-can-lead-the-way-for-australia-with-a-captain-s-knock

Re: India vs Australia - Test Series 2nd test preview: 3pts R.Ashwin Top India Bowler (1st Inns Only) 13/8 Ladbrokes In the last test match to be played on this ground Ravichandran Ashwin took 12 wickets, six in each innings, in a one sided match against the New Zealanders. Given that he took 12 wickets in the first test of this series and the fact that at no point did Australia really genuinely look to have any answers to him I think the 13/8 on Ashwin being India’s top bowler in the first innings looks a good bet to me. Prior to Ashwin going well here Harbhajan did so it looks a good wicket for the offspinners and that makes me keen on Ashwin. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-australia-2nd-test-betting-ravi-ashwin-can-torture-the-australian-batsmen-in-hyderabad

• 2 weeks later...

Re: India vs Australia - Test Series 3rd Test preview: 4pts India to win 3rd Test 5/4 Bet365 With all that has gone on in the Australia camp in the last 2-3 days it is hard to see them having the resolve or indeed the quality to come out of this test with any kind of result. They are so reliant on Clarke with the bat and with all that’s going on it would be no surprise if he fails soon. With the ball they have nothing to offer so I expect India to take full advantage and win the series here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-australia-3rd-test-betting-india-can-take-advantage-of-australia-s-internal-issues-to-wrap-up-the-series

Re: India vs Australia - Test Series Is there any reason India are odds-against to win this match? I know little about cricket but given how comfortably they won the last match and what has gone on in the Australian camp, surely India at evens or better is a great price?

I think the greatest chance Australia have of getting a result in this test and I mean a draw because I doubt they can take 20 wickets is playing brad haddin. Haddin and Clarke are very close and after the week they have had I would expect them to galvanize the group. The other big difference will be you won't see as many poor shots and I would expect most australian batsman will value their wicket a lot more in this match. Will wait for team news but if Haddin plays I will be taking the draw.

Re: India vs Australia - Test Series 4th Test preview: 4pts M.Vijay (-1.5 runs) to beat D.Warner (1st Inns Only) 5/6 Ladbrokes Murali Vijay has enjoyed tucking into this Australian bowling attack and I’m quite surprised that he is only giving up 1.5 runs to Dave Warner in the first innings match even allowing for the fact this is Warner’s IPL home ground. Warner is yet to hit a 100 in this series whereas Vijay has hit two big 100’s in the last two first innings of the series. He is seeing it like a football at the minute and with Warner often having a tendency to be loose outside off stump I think Vijay has every chance of beating Warner for the third first innings running. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-australia-4th-test-betting-murali-vijay-can-continue-to-outscore-dave-warner-in-delhi-20130321

Re: India vs Australia - Test Series Some more bets to go with that one. 4pts P.Hughes Under 26.5 1st Inns Runs 5/6 Ladbrokes Philip Hughes made a half century in the second innings of the last test but there was a lot luck about that innings and so far in this series he's looked atrocious against spin. Bad news for Hughes is that this wicket could be the biggest bunsen of the entire series with talk that the wicket will go as early as the second day :loon. If that's the case I don't see Hughes making anything like 27 runs in this first innings, particularly on what we've seen from him in the series so far where his first innings scores have been 6, 19 and 2. This line looks too big to me. 3pts India (-100.5 runs) 1st Inns Lead 9/10 Sportingbet It looks certain now that Michael Clarke isn't going to play in this match and with their only other half decent batsmen on this tour in Mitchell Starc also out with injury it is hard to see Australia offering a lot with the bat here. You look at their likely top 6 in this match and it wouldn't beat most county sides let alone India in their own conditions. India will be without Shikhar Dhawan but Rahane is a capable replacement. The rest of their batting line up is decent too and with the Australian spinners having offered nothing at all in the series it is hard to see India not tucking in yet again. This line is a big line hence the cautious stake but it is one I would expect India to cover. 2pts R.Jadeja Top India Bowler (1st Inns Only) 4/1 Ladbrokes Ravindra Jadeja has been in excellent touch with the ball in this series. He has taken the most wickets in the last two first innings and I see no reason why he won't take more here. Australia still don't seem to have worked out how to play him because they keep playing for the spin when his stock ball is the arm ball with the occasional one spinning. Michael Clarke is the only one who has looked anything like secure against the spinners in the series and Jadeja has had him on toast so there is no reason at all why Jadeja won't continue to take wickets here which in my eyes makes this 4/1 price look perfectly good value. 1pt ew M.Johnson Top Australia Batsman (1st Inns Only) 33/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1-3) Speculative punt here but not without reason. There's every chance this Australia top order could get mowed over and if that's the case then someone like Johnson could come in down the order with nothing to lose and get a few big shots away like Mitchell Starc did in the last test. Johnson plays a similar game to Starc albeit he'll bat higher so in theory should have longer at the crease to make a score. On the evidence of the series so far Johnson won't be chasing much to place while the top score might be in reach too. Johnson can't bowl straight but he can bat straight which makes him a touch of value down the order at 33/1.