Holdem Manager

Quasar

Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move it if wrong. I've decided this year I am making a massive effort to improve my game and have decided I need Holdem Manager. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a free/good offer before I purchase it? I haven't a clue how to set it up but have a friend who can hopefully help with that, but any other suggestions/observations etc are more than gratefully received :D

Re: Holdem Manager Be wary of the "get holdem free" ads through 3rd parties. These typically provide a free version if you sign up to a site through the 3rd party, but are usually restricted to just that site, i.e. you won't always be able to use it elsewhere on other sites. Make sure you get a full version, but +1 to trying the trial period first, also have a go at the trial of leak buster (an included optional extra) as this is pretty good tool too. I do have a contact (from a previous poker life) who works for Holdem Manager so can get you a slightly discounted full version (all official & above board) if you are still interested, will also check if there is a discounted version via PL for you. I must admit although I bought a full version I don't tend to use it anymore, slows up my ageing laptop, 15 secs isn't sufficient to fully analyse a player before having to make a decision, find the HUD distracting when multi-tabling different networks and just prefer to pick up normal tells from how often players play/limp/raise/steal/bet size etc. Very good piece of software however, especially if you will be 1 or 2 tabling.