Pru's 2013 hunt

pruvaloo

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a cracking start to 2013! :D For the new year I thought I'd try my hand at something new - to me anyway - and this thread is going to be where I track my progress and see how much I can win (or lose) in the year. My 'system' is very simple - what I plan on doing is trading on the under/over markets. I've lazily tested this out on paper and was happy with the results so decided to jump in and give it a go with real money. Clearly I'm not going to set the world on fire doing this, nor am I going to be able to quit the day job, but the thought of small but failry regular profits is something that is very appealing, and even a profit of a few pence each day is more than likely a lot more than I would get from putting my 50 quid in the bank, so I really am happy with any profit I can make. Unless otherwise stated, all my bets will be placed on BetFair and all stakes, profits/loses will be in gbp. My starting bank is 50gbp, so obviously if anyone wants to follow my progress but prefers points, then just double all the figures I give, so my starting bank would be 100points etc. I'm taking a pretty relaxed approach to my plan at the moment, but I may tighten this up in the coming months depending on performance. * At present I will be backing the under 2.5 goals market on footie matches, I have no preference for any particular league or teams at the moment, but on a weekend it is likely I will be betting on UK matches and during the week it's likely to be foreign leagues, this will be mainly do to with timing, covered in the points below. * I plan to watch games live where I can, if I am betting on several games which are all played at the same time, or coverage isn't available then I will follow radio commentary, or internet minute-by-minute commentary. * I will generally be cashing out my bet during the first 10-15 minutes of the game, hence why I prefer to be able to watch the game or have a commentary so I can get a general feel of how likely it is that a team will score. If I am unable to watch the match, or listen to a commentary I will cash out after the first 10 minutes have been played. * If there is an early goal then I will generally leave my bet a little longer, with the view to limiting my loses/trying to get a small profit. As soon as the odds come back enough to give me the slightest glimmer of profit I will cash out, which will almost certainly be before half time. If I have to cash out and take a loss I will do, although obviously I want to limit this happening as much as I can, but at the same time without risking the remaining stake by waiting too long and suffering from a second goal (my nightmare scenario). * I will try and pick matches based on the odds offered on under 2.5 goals, I will aim to back odds around the 1.8 mark and higher, my reasoning being that the higher the odds, the more room there is for them to shift, and hence hopefully more profit to be made in a short amount of time (may change this depending on how I do) * As I said before, this is all about small but hopefully consistent profits - little and often is my mantra here. I generaly get the edge-of-your-seat thrills from horse racing, this thread is all about being dull and trying to bank small profits each match. Think that pretty much covers where I am right now, so onto my bets for tomorrow, again all are placed on BetFair and all stakes are in gbp: [TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR] [TD]Match[/TD] [TD]Odds[/TD] [TD]Stake[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Peterborough v Norwich Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.42[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Fulham v Blackpool Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.2[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Man City v Watford Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]3.15[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Wigan v Bournemouth Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.2[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Tottenham v Coventry Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.68[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Southampton v Chelsea Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.36[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]QPR v West Brom Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.02[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Scunthorpe v Shrewsbury Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.04[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Swindon v Carlisle Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.1[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]West Ham v Man Utd Under 2.5 Goals[/TD] [TD]2.2[/TD] [TD]£5.00[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.