Each Way, Win only or Place only?

Kithanga

Which is best in the long term for profitability in your opinion(s) and why? Do you have any numbers to back up your opinion? I've been betting win only this year due to my previous years results showing that this method produced a better ROI than Each Way betting. This year it's been marginally better after around 300 bets. However, the volatility is much higher and the losing runs & frustration are more challenging. For example I've had several close calls at long odds recently that have gone against me. I'm now wondering whether switching to Each Way or Place only would be a good way to reduce that volatility and whether it's worth the price (in reduced returns). I'm thinking that Each Way betting may a trade off. It may cost you in the long run when looking purely at the numbers. On the other hand it may actually benefit you as you have less of a confidence challenge due to a steadier sequence of results. Therefore you may actually maintain a better confidence level and mindset, thus leading to better selections and actually an increased profit over what you would have achieved had you bet win only. I'd be really interested in your experiences. K

Re: Each Way, Win only or Place only? I back e/w at anything 12/1 or bigger. I think some bets, you just have to back e/w. I know a lot of people who go on long losing runs, with big priced 2nd's and 3rd's, where if they had backed e/w, they would be in a much better position. I think if you back win only, you gotta be a darn good punter to be successful.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.