Irish Champion Stakes pictures...

robertob

It was a fantastic day of racing at Leopardstown today and a great crowd of around 14.000 according to official figures. I thought it was really high class racing from the start to the end with two group 1's, one Group 3, one Listed race some interesting maidens, and good Handicaps. You can't ask for more. Highlight of the card was of course the clash between Snow Fairy V Nathaniel V St Nicholas Abbey in the Irish Champion Stakes. Race of the year in my mind. There was a great buzz around the place before the race, real excitement and I think the race itself didn't disappoint in terms of excitement either. The roar from the crowd when Frankie send Snow Fairy to the front was just unbelievable and when they crossed the line it felt as if everyone at the track backed Snow Fairy. It was an unbelievable atmosphere, later in the parade ring as well. Just a wonderful day overall... here are just a few of my pictures now... bild5514.jpg Tom Queally bild5516.jpg Tom Queally & Chachamaidee bild5521.jpg Alla Speranza wins the Enterprise Stakes bild5538.jpg O'Brien clan bild5541.jpg William Buick bild5544.jpg Frankie Dettori bild5549.jpg Snow Fairy & Nathaniel before the race bild5556.jpg Frankie and Snow Fairy after the race bild5568.jpg I Have A Dream - my sweet 9/1 winner and AOB's Melbourne Cup hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.