• Paul Hanagan
    • Kieren Fallon
    • Frankie Dettori
    • James Doyle
    • Johnny Murtagh
    • Pat Smullen
    • Joseph O'Brien
    • Other (Please state)

Plenty of discussion past and current (Richard Hughes etc) about best jockeys and how the champion jockey is usually the hardest working rather than the best. If you owned a horse and had a choice of flat jockey who would you pick? Who do you think is currently the best flat jockey out there?

Re: Best flat jockey at the moment? I've attached a poll to the thread. I've gone for Buick. I don't think there is a better jockey out there at the moment. Uses his initiaitive while others sit and suffer and showed this on Thought Worthy at York. He has also rode them to sleep from the front in France this year too, dictating the pace and then kicking on. I am obviously a huge fan of Kieren Fallon too, he rides York well, as does Dettori. I was going to add Jamie Spencer but thought I would put a few Irish lads in there and leave Spencer as an "other" option. Buick shows composure well in advance of his young years, seems to be able to judge the pace whether it is from the front or sat in behind. I'd love to see him win the jockeys championship and work his backside off to close the gap in the last few months.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.