Norwich v QPR > Sat 25 August

Over 2.5 goals @ 1.87 - BET365 seems appealing. You can probably get this @ 1.9 elsewhere. Last season both games went over 2.5 goals, and both sides' defensive frailties were exposed in dramatic fashion. I think a lot of people, bookies included are expecting Q.P.R. to improve and push on this season because they have spent a lot of money. I'm not convinced myself, as mark Hughes didn't exactly convince the last time he was under similar circumstances at City. It's also tough bringing in a lot of players and expecting them to compete as a unit. Especially when there are changes defensively, and even more so at this level as you get less chances to make mistakes, and the league is very unforgiving. I expected Norwich to maybe improve defensively, but they were also hammered 5-0 by fulham. An odd result considering how ineffectual fulham should be in front of goal after losing A host of players close season. This for me just highlights where the issues still exist at Norwich for me. Defensively they will still give their opponent enough of a sniff, and it's purely a case of whether their opponent can take their chances. I doubt whether Norwich will give away five goals again this season, but I think both sides will see this fixture as a six pointer, and a must win game. Even at this early stage these games are important, as three points against a relegation rival will be critical come may. That's why I think we will see goals here.

My only doubt here is that because this game appears to be a must win for both sides, if one side takes the lead, the other will likely drop back to protect what they have. And it's a case of whether the defending side can contain the opposition, while still maintaining a threat. I don't think either side are going to be that organised, so I will stick with the overs. But the above is my only concern.

Re: Norwich v QPR > Sat 25 August I thought QPR looked okay until the second half against Swansea. They have strengthened well over the summer and although Hughes is a bit boring, he's a reliable manager who's only ever been fired from Man City. He did quite well even there. The away win will be the cornerstone of my acca this Saturday.