Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International

kevshat

After seeing off Pakistan recently the cricket keeps on coming for Sri Lanka as they now host India in a best of five match ODI series followed by a T20 international. There might be a bit more interest in this series than normal for those who like to plan ahead for the ICC World T20 later in the year as this series will be played on the same grounds that will be. Sadly for those of us in the UK the series is only available on the live streaming consoles with the bookmakers but it's better than nothing. The last World Cup showed these to be the best two ODI sides around so they should produce an exciting series, which begins in Hambantota on Saturday. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Sat Jul 21 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - Sri Lanka v India Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jul 24 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v India Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Sooriyawewa, Hambantota [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jul 28 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v India R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jul 31 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - Sri Lanka v India R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Aug 4 09:00 GMT | 14:30 local 10:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - Sri Lanka v India Pallekele International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Aug 7 13:30 GMT | 19:00 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Only T20I - Sri Lanka v India Pallekele International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International ODI series preview: 2pts M.Jayawardene Top Sri Lanka Series Batsman 7/2 Bet365

At some point in this series I expect Jayawardene to open but even while he isn’t he is a real classy operator who takes excellent responsibility with him captaining the side too. Kumar Sangakkara is the man in form but Jayawardene had a couple of decent knocks against Pakistan himself and has passed 40 in four of his previous six innings against India. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-india-odi-series-betting-mahela-jayawardene-can-continue-his-good-recent-record-against-the-indians

Re: Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International 1st ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win 1st ODI 21/20 Bodog

There isn’t a lot to choose between these two sides but one thing which could make a bit of difference is that India will be coming into the series without a warm up match under their belts. Sri Lanka have not long finished a series with Pakistan so their eyes will be in and they could just catch India a shade cold in this opening match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-india-1st-odi-betting-sri-lanka-can-catch-india-cold-in-opening-odi-of-the-series

Re: Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International 2nd ODI preview: 4pts K.Sangakkara's Performance Pts - 49&Over 5/6 Bet365

Sangakkara is in such excellent form at the minute as illustrated by the magnificent 133 he hit in the last game. I think this wicket will turn a bit more than that one did so I would expect him to be in the game during all of India’s innings plus he can cover this total with the bat alone. Overs for me here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-india-2nd-odi-betting-kumar-sangakkara-can-continue-his-excellent-form-in-2nd-odi

Re: Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International 3rd ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to beat India Evs Blue Square

I think Sri Lanka look like the obvious pick here. They were so dominant with the ball in the last match and their batting in the first game showed it was going ok. India look to be having a few issues with the bat at the minute and on a ground where runs will be needed more than in Hambantota that has to be a concern. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-india-3rd-odi-betting-sri-lanka-can-take-the-lead-in-the-series-with-win-in-colombo

Re: Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International 5th ODI preview: 4pts India to win 5th ODI 4/5 Ladbrokes As with the previous match in the series I expect India to win this one because of Sri Lanka’s injuries. If they are true to their word and rest players too then that makes them even weaker in this match and although the motivation isn’t as strong for India as it was in their previous match I still think they will have enough on natural ability alone and win this final ODI. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-india-5th-odi-betting-india-can-win-the-final-match-of-the-series-against-weakened-sri-lanka

Re: Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International Opposite side for me - massive value in the sri lanka odds. People getting carried away (understandably) after the odi series being so one sided. This match is played at the same ground as the 5th odi which india won by 20 runs. That was a game in which none of the sri lankan 'big players' fired, yet they still would have won the match had they batted the overs. Here in the t20 format, batting through/long becomes less of an issue an that should suit sri lanka. No zaheer or sehwag for india which are both big losses. A bowling attack of pathan, yadav, dinda hardly inspires confidence as all can be very expensive. Sri lanka have the best t20 bowler in the world in malinga, who is guaranteeing you 4 overs of money in most cases. If the top order fires then they win this comfortably for my money. 5pts sri lanka to beat india 6/5 with paddypower

Re: Sri Lanka vs India ODI Series & T20 International The game played out as expected. Kohli delivered with bat and ball and Pathan set the tone with 3 decisive wickets. Game was effectively over in the 5th over during Sri Lanka's run chase after India's batsmen put up a competitive total. Took the winnings and dumped them into India winning the T20 World Cup, will look to hedge that given the unpredictable nature of T20 at times. Especially in a cut throat final.