Dan's Betting Blog

dannn17

For the last few weeks I have been keeping myself disciplined and only been betting on the Premier League and the Horses. Just sticking to what I know which is the best way for me to make long term profit in my view. Premier League bets for the weekend: Sunderland draw no bet at 5/4 (William Hill) Like these odds a lot, Sunderland have been poor lately but they have had some very tough games and have been very unlucky in quite a few of them, they could only manage a 0-0 draw against Wolves last week at home but had more than enough chances to grab the 3 points. Villa are just having a terrible season, they have lots of injuries which haven't helped but they have no depth at all within the squad and it is telling. They can't defend or score goals which is obviously a terrible combination, this is a huge game for them and with Martin O'Neil returning to the club for the first time since his departure too the pressure will be on them. Norwich +1 at 3/4 (Stan James) Safe with 4 games to go which is a brilliant achievement from Norwich this season and I can't see them tailing off in the last 4 games, they are a very hard working side who will want to finish as high up the table as possible. Norwich have also played some terrific stuff this season though and the 2-1 win away at Spurs last week summed their season up for me, a hard working performance defending as a team but they also created enough chances to score more than they did. This bet more than anything though is more down to how poor Blackburn are, lost their last 5 games and playing like a team who have almost given up hope of survival and are going to be relegated. They do have some decent players going forward in Yakubu and Hoillet but their defence is in tatters and I think Norwich will create more than enough chances in this match to come away with something, maybe even the win. Everton +2 at 20/21 (Boylesports) Absolutely huge match for Man Utd this is, looking at their remaining 4 games this is one where you think they could maybe slip up. Everton have been in great form lately and I think they will definitely give the champions a good game, obviously it is a tough ask to go to Old Trafford and win but I could possibly see them getting a point here. Quite confident in all of these and having 2pts on each selection. Will post up my Horse bets for the weekend most probably tomorrow night. Staked: 6 Returned: - P/L: -

Re: Dan's Betting Blog

Horse racing bets for Saturday, 2pts on each:

Fiorente, 2.00 Newbury at 2/1 (Betfair)

Had a progressive season last year and he looked very comfortably over 1m4f with a good second behind Nathaniel at Ascot and then was very unlucky to not follow up that race with a win at Goodwood where he was beat by a neck. The soft ground should definitely suit and it will be very fresh having been out since last July through injury.

I don't see too many dangers for it in this race, Arctic Cosmos I suppose some people could make a case for but it is untested on soft ground and is generally just an inconsistent Horse. It will benefit from his win on the all weather last month but he didn't really beat much. Harris Tweed is another one who's form on paper looks good but I personally feel it is very overrated, especially his second to Await the Dawn last season at Ascot where he was actually in a very good position to win the race yet ended up losing by 3 lengths.

Bronterre, 3.10 Newbury at 15/8 (Betfair)

Wasn't 100% sure on this at first I admit but after a while I have decided that these are very nice odds, Top Offer who heads the market is getting hyped up after the way he won his only start last year in a Class 4 Maiden but really that is all it is, a Class 4 Maiden. He didn't beat much and although he did win very nicely he didn't exactly beat anything as proven as it up against in this race.

Bronterre had 3 runs last year, all over 7f the distance of this race and he won 2 and came 4th in the other which was a very impressive 4th in behind Most Improved, Power and Parish Hall in October. He is a lot more proven than Top Offer so I find it hard to see why Top Offer is favourite over Bronterre. Not many of the other Horses in the race are proven over the trip and I think will struggle to make any sort of impact on these two, Spiritual Star will get the trip but his form of last season just isn't good enough. Staked: 4 Returned: - P/L: -

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.