Premier League Darts - Week 11

PerryPFC

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 19 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Van Barneveld, R v Whitlock, S (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Anderson, G v Painter, K (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wade, J v Hamilton, A (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Taylor, P v Lewis, A (21:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 11 Not sure Kev is about just at the minute, so may just be me getting involved in the darts tonight unless some others chip in... I'm having 5 in total for tonight though. Raymond van Barneveld to beat Simon Whitlock- 6/5 William Hill- (4/10) Two guys here who I'm backing to reach the semis but I do think Barney will prevail as winner tonight. His preparation for this week couldn't be better, as he won both UK open qualifying events at the weekend in Barnsley, beating the likes of Wes Newton, Terry Jenkins and the guy he plays tonight in Simon Whitlock, albeit narrowly. The 8-3 scoreline that he lost by last week against Taylor doesn't really tell the story, as but for some missed darts at doubles at crucial times, the Dutchman would have run Taylor far closer and at times he was seriously troubling the Power with his heavy scoring. Whitlock has come back well after that humiliating whitewash he suffered against James Wade with back to back wins against Gary Anderson and Kevin Painter but to be honest, he wasn't ever pushed in those matches and I'd expect Barneveld to prove a much stiffer test tonight. Whitlock has been missing a few doubles of late, and whilst that hasn't hampered him too much in the last couple of weeks, it could be more of a problem against Barney who will match, if not better Whitlock's scoring. The Dutchman still remains the second best player in the league based on performances and is unlucky that he hasn't had more success than he has, but I think after the confidence boost at the weekend that he will have, he will win this one tonight. Kevin Painter (Most 180s) vs Gary Anderson- 9/4 William Hill- (3/10) My one value bet tonight this one and I can't ignore the odds on Painter to hit more maximums here. Whether he will beat Anderson, I'm not sure but he should have his chances and IMO, the loser of this one will go onto finish bottom as there will be little to play for really. Regardless of the winner, I wouldn't have Painter a 9/4 shot on the maximum front here and it looks to me as the odds are based purely on reputation. The reality is however that Anderson has only managed 1 maximum in the past 2 weeks, which is a total of 25 legs which shows how badly he's struggled to find his devastating scoring of late. He was hammered by James Richardson 6-0 at the weekend and although the Scot improved last week against Andy Hamilton, I'm still by no means convinced with him at the minute. Painter although losing his last 5 in the league, has a decent ratio of 180s per leg and he's perhaps a little unlucky he has played 4/5 best players in the game at the minute in recent weeks which gives an explanation to the results. As I said, he has been scoring pretty well though, and he hit 5 180s in his defeat to Simon Whitlock last week and that match included a few legs where Painter went missing which shows that he is scoring well at the minute as well as finishing well also. In the first meeting between these two players in the league on the opening week, Painter won the battle of 180s and at this price, I can't ignore him to repeat that result again. James Wade Average Over 96.5- 5/6 William Hill- (4/10) This line looks a little low to me considering the way James Wade is playing at the minute. Barring that defeat to Taylor a few weeks ago, and the controversial circumstances in which he lost to Adrian Lewis, Wade has been ultra-consistent with his scoring and doubles and has eased to wins over Gary Anderson and Simon Whitlock in 2 of the past 3 weeks. He knows he will have to stay solid and composed though if he is to make the semis given how tight the league is this year. What I like about backing the overs on Wade's average here though is that he will usually hit his doubles with his first or second darts, and that's what you need to do if you are going to average near the 3 figure mark. He barely missed a thing against Gary Anderson last week, and that was the case when he beat Whitlock recently as well and apart form those first few weeks, Wade has shown us what he is about and taking out his doubles with minimal fuss. Wade has averaged above the 96.5 mark in 5 of the last 6 weeks and the only time he didn't was against Lewis when Wade really lost it on stage. Even when he was hammered by Taylor he managed to average around the 102 mark, and he hit the 3 figure mark again last week against Anderson. Hamilton as we know scores well so Wade will have to be at the top of his game if he wants to beat the Hammer here, so he won't be taking anything for granted, and for that reason I think he'll average above the line given here. Adrian Lewis (+3.5 legs) to beat Phil Taylor- Evens Ladbrokes- (4/10) Phil Taylor Average Over 105.5- 5/6 William Hill- (4/10) Although these bets appear to oppose eachother, I actually think they go hand in hand if this match goes the way I think it will. The bottom line is I expect Lewis to really push Taylor here like he did in the opening week where Taylor rallied from 6-1 down to grab a draw and in that second half of the match, he was hitting everything and Lewis was unfortunate he didn't beat the Power. Lewis has been a bit hit and miss this season but that win he managed over James Wade with an average of 105 should really spur him on and he will feel that he is well within contention of making the semis this year. What I like about the two bets I'm taking here is that very rarely you will see either of these guys run away with a win over the other. They seem to really enjoy playing each other, and in turn bring the best out of their opponent when they meet. Lewis can certainly cope with Taylor's scoring, and usually he is pretty reliable when it comes to the doubles so I'd expect the world champ to record at least 5 legs against Taylor tonight. As I've mentioned, these guys usually force the other to play some really good darts given the quality of both guys, and for that reason I expect Taylor to average beyond the 106 mark. He averaged 112 in the first match against Lewis in the league and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go somewhere near to hitting that figure again. Taylor hasn't actually covered this line for the last 2 weeks in the league, however given how I expect these two to play out a super match here over 16 legs, I fancy him to return to the averages nearer the 110 mark tonight.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.