Flat Racing Sunday 8th of April

15.50 Musselburgh: 2pts win Lexington Bay @ 11/2 PP + 1pt win Jeu De Vivre @ 7/1 PP He has a massive chance tomorrow as he might be still well handicapped, judged on his Haydock win. He improved well through the last season, won three races, most notably the mentioned class 2 Handicap over tomorrow's distance at Haydock. He ended the season with a disappointing effort though, but I would forgive that performance as it came over 16f at the end of a long, hard and successful season. He has course form to offer, won here last year over 12 furlongs, and won't mind the ground as he looks to be even better with juice in the ground. Richard Fahey has his string in good form at the moment, so I'm not too concerned that this is Lexington Bay's seasonal reappearance. Far from it. The Fahey/Hanagan combo proved very successful at Musselburgh over the last two years as they have a massive strikerate of 41.90% for that time at this course! So with that in mind and the possibility that a mark of 84 is rather lenient, I think Lexington Bay should be favourite in this field, actually. I also like the Mark Johnston horse Jeu De Vivre, who improved enormously last year, who likes the ground and who has a super course form with one win and one place. Very interesting is also that this filly has a massive preference for right handed tracks as she won 4 from 11 starts at right handed tracks but lost all seven starts at left handed tracks. She has to improve to be successful from a career highest mark but has the conditions in her favour to do so tomorrow. Clairwood Treble 1pt win: R2: Delago Deluxe + R6: Valdivia + R7: Indaba My Children @ 9/2 Sportingbet I just try it here with a treble as I can't see any of this three horses gets beaten tomorrow. Delago Deluxe won five of his eight career starts so far, won impressively lto, is the highest rated horse in the field and has the weights very much in his favour. Valdivia won at her debut in impressive style by six lengths. Its a weak 2yo Grade 3 here and she's very much the horse to beat. Anton Marcus takes the ride, so this filly should prove a class above the rest of the field. Almost the same should apply for Indaba My Children who has beaten first time out a subsequent winner in convincing fashion in a Juvenile Plate. Well, that was rather expected as he cost a bit of money as a yearling. He clocked a serious fast time that day anyway, and has absolutely none to fear here as the rest of the field looks not very classy.

Re: Flat Racing Sunday 8th of April

14:50 Musselburgh
Rasaman
is the oneto beat in this race for me today. Jim Goldie's 8 year old has a good enough record going fresh, his form reads 010233 when running fresh, the first win did come on the all weather with the other three all being on turf. Back in 2010 he made his reappearance over today's course and distance and finished 3rd off a mark of 82. He then went on to win over course and distance three times that season off marks of 80, 82 and 85. Those were his last wins and although he hasn't won for almost 2 years, he looks well in today off a mark of 78, 3lbs lower than his last run back in October. His latest two efforts over course and distance weren't bad showings either despite finishing 5th and 6th. Wasn't beaten far on both occasions off marks of 91 and 89. The jockey booking of Kieren Fallon is very interesing as it will be his first time on board this horse at a track he holds an 18% strike rate at and 11% when teaming up with Jim Goldie.
Rasaman
is pretty versatile with ground conditions having won on good, good to firm and good to soft ground although only one of his 10 wins has been on GS ground.
2pt Win Rasaman @ 4/1 (
Bet365
- BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.