Flat Racing Friday 6th of April

19.45 Greyville: 0.5pts win Wishful Eye @ 14/1 Bet365 I'm on a quite bad loosing run but hope Wishful Eye can turn the table with a win at a big price. Think she's pretty overpriced here in this Listed race, the Kwazulu-Natal Stakes. She was well beaten at her seasonal debut lto, though she needed the run badly. She came out of a well deserved break after a successful Autumn campaign in Zimbabwe where she contested in the Sprinters Series. She won the first leg of the series there in impressive style in aHandicap where she had to carry loads of weight. She finished then two times in a row 2nd, beaten by Control Freak, most notably in the Group 3 HRIB Gold Cup Sprint, over 6 furlongs though. She's now back in South Africa and back over 5 furlongs today her preferred distance. She's also well drawn in box three what should suit her prominent running style allot at this track. If she's back in form than she must go close as she's a sprinter with loads of speed. She broke the track record at Clairwood last year for example! Main danger is obviously Chocolicious. She's a Group 1 winner over 6 furlongs, though she might find 5 furlongs a bit too short and rested for the last 102 days. She always improved allot from her first run, so she might be still a bit rusty today over a distance that might be a bit too short and at a track which is unknown to her. Torra Bay is another big danger, lightly raced, three from four races won, and improving all the way. Though it's a massive step up in class compared to what she has beaten before and I'm not sure if she's good enough. Her price is not appealing anyway. I also like Share The Silver here, who is a fast horse, though she does not face an easy task as she's gives weight away. For example Wishful Eye has today 9lb in hand against her, compared to the last time they met each other.

Re: Flat Racing Friday 6th of April *Rave Melody - Greyville 8:20 UK Time (Last Race)* I have a small interest in SA racing so i will have a bet today. This horse has had 4 runs and has proved rather frustrating as it has went off favourite for 3 of those runs, and there was a big gamble on it last time out where the horse finished 2nd to Indigo Princess by half a length. It has had 4 runs resulting in 3 places. Storm Goddess is favourite at the moment but is too short to back at 18/10, it ran a good race in 2nd on debut when unfancied at 66/1... All in all, Rave Melody should be in the mix yet again as its last 2 losing distances were only a short-head and half a length. The money was down last time also which means it was fancied, compensation hopefully awaits today. *1 Point WIN @ 5/1 Sportingbet*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.