Philss_99's Flat Thread 2012

Afternoon Gents. Decided to return to ATR after taking a season out to learn some discipline. On my previous thread ( http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/99695-Philss_99-s-Flat-Season-Thread-2010 ) I had reasonable success but found I was posting runner's from basically every race on the card. That wasn't my intention. My Intention was to learn how to simplify my selections and how to discount runners. I ended with writers cramp by not following my own rules. Also after taking a break I wanted to learn more about Jump Racing. This has always been a thorn in my side so taking a break has given me a chance to analyse & study this aspect and appreciate it more instead of religiously sticking to flat racing. My thread this season will be mainly FLAT racing with a maximium of 2 selections per day but if I fancy a Jumps runner I will only select 1 from that days racing. As before, Please feel free to discuss & criticize with any input appreciated.

I dont really have a selection process as such, but analyse/ scrutinize racecards either by Trainer/Jockey pairings, Form, Coarse/Distance, OR , or all of the above. Initially I will

NOT be placing any money until I feel confident enough that my selections are working for me, but If I feel confident enough in a selection I will post my bet/bets for that day's racing.

Re: Philss_99's Flat Thread 2012 Saturday 31st March Selections Start of the Flat season, Well only 1 place my selections will be today. Doncaster After studying the racecards I have reduced my selections from 6 runners down to 2. Both are very similar with reasoning so for today I am going to keep this simple.

Doncaster 17:30 = Dr Red Eye Doncaster 18:05 = Trans Sonic My selections have both had reasonably success on the AW and don't seem to mind returning to Turf either after a short rest and switching back to Turf surfaces. Both will have no issue with the distance but would maybe prefer a little more cut in the ground. Also Draw could be an issue and this is my main concern. A drop in rating since LTO for both selections is well noted and the later of the selections ( Trans Sonic ) seems to be coming from a Yard / Trainer in very good form. Both Jockeys have had reasonable success on both mounts but with the change in surface I would look for and E/W place on both selections. No jump selection today. Cheers Phil.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.