Premier League Darts - Week 4

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 1 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Wade, J (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.08 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Hamilton, A (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Taylor, P (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Lewis, A (21:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 I like the card this week. I've gone in: - 1pt Treble: Kevin Painter (vs. James Wade) x Phil Taylor -2.5 (vs. Simon Whitlock) x Adrian Lewis (Vs. Gary Anderson) @ 10.25 [WillHill] - 2pts Double: Phil Taylor -2.5 (vs. Simon Whitlock) x Adrian Lewis (Vs. Gary Anderson) @ 4.11 [WillHill] - 3pts Highest Checkout: Kevin Painter (vs. James Wade) @ EVS [betVictor] The bookmakers continue to provide beautiful prices for Kevin Painter and he keeps on winning. The way he is playing right now I cant ignore the almost 2/1 on him handing Wade a beating tomorrow. His finishing is very impressive too, did not expect him to be favourite in having the highest checkout at all. I feel like Wade is throwing pies, I was watching last week against Anderson and it's like he didnt want it. Definitely not Wade's time right now. The other two are fairly straight forward. I dont see Whitlock taking six legs off Taylor and Anderson will find it tough against Lewis. - 4pts Three-Dart Average: Gary Anderson Under 96.5 @ 10/11 [betVictor] Anderson ran in some heavy scores towards the end of the match last week against Wade but I think things will be different against Lewis. Lewis will put him under pressure and he will have to handle his doubles very well to keep up with the Champ. Something that Anderson obviously finds difficult. The first two weeks, Anderson ran in averages both under 85. Horrible. He will get a few legs against Lewis no doubt but I think he'll be closer to 90 than he is to a ton. Unders for me. - 7pts Total 180s (Andy Hamilton vs Raymond van Barneveld): Over 6.5 @ 5/6 [bluesq] Can definitely see overs here. Hamilton has been very consistent with the 180s so far in the PDC and the way Barney is playing, I can only envisage him chipping in too. Hamilton hit five maximums in his 8-2 defeat to Gary Anderson and Barney threw a ton plus average when he got flogged by Taylor alst week. Overs for me main bet of the week.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 K.Painter v J.Wade highest checkout >120.5 3pts 1.83 @skybet Out of all the players in the PL nobody has hit this checkout in matches more than Wade who achieving this in 39% of his matches (only matched by Taylor). Though he has not been doing well this season has produced this checkout in week 1 and had a 107 last week. Painter actually has a better record but I didn't include him due to only playing 3 PL matches and has achieved this twice. Even if Painter was joint worse finisher (again excluding Hamilton), there would still be value in this price. R.van Barneveld v A.Hamilton over 6.5 180s 6pts 1.83 @ spreadEx The expectation is that this will go more than 12.5 legs. Even at just 12.5 legs they need to average 0.52 180s per leg between them. Well Barney's PL career average is 0.28 and throwing at 0.33 this season. Hamilton has start his PL career like a runaway train for the 180s averaging at a rate of 0.44. Or less Hamilton has had some freakish earlier weeks this looks really tasty. P.Taylor more 180s than Whitlock 5pts 2.25 @ spreadEx This just looks and feels wrong to me. Taylor scores more 180s than Whitlock, and would have beaten him in 2 of the first 3 weeks. I think evens is a fairer price so will be backing this for the match. Lewis highest checkout v Anderson 3pts 1.9@ Boylesport Not sure why this firm has the same odds for both players. Randomly taking any 2 matches these played in PL Lewis would have the highest checkout 57%. This term his 3 matches are 138, 140, 138 compared to Anderson of 56, 128 and 91. I know who I would choose as the favourite and where my money is going.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 First bad week for me last week really, leaving me on +7.78 overall so far. Like Tyler, the card looks a pretty good one and I'll take a few. Raymond van Barneveld to beat Andy Hamilton- Evens BlueSquare- (4/10) Over 6.5 180s- 4/5 BlueSquare- (4/10) Fancy Barney to break his duck in the tournament so far as to me, he's looked arguably the second best player in the league thus far behind Taylor. The table may not reflect that but the truth of the matter is, he's had the toughest opening fixtures out of everyone in the league and still managed a couple of draws which is really good doing. These are the kind of matches he'll be looking to win though in order to give himself a chance of making the semis and that's just what I expect the Dutchman to do. He's back to his heavy and consistent scoring which has been really good to watch from Barney and his finishing, which has been a little erratic at times, looks solid once more now. If he played anyone other than Taylor last week, he would have beaten anyone in the world comfortably, with his average well into 3 figures but he was just unlucky that Taylor was sublime even by his standards. Hamilton played quite well last week to get a draw against Lewis, but the world champ did let him in at times with some missed doubles and his scoring wasn't as consistent as it usually was allowing the Hammer to pick up a point. He's had a tremendous start to his PL career which started off with that excellent win over James Wade. What I fear for Hamilton here though is if Barney plays how he has been playing, Hamilton will have to play at his very best and then some to beat Barney here. Hamilton has actually missed a few doubles in the past couple of weeks and I don't think he can afford to do that tomorrow. Barney is playing consistently again now and his scoring is really devastating at times and he can take out legs in no time at all. I wouldn't expect the Dutchman to run away with this one, but I do fancy him to pick up his first win and get something to show for his good performances so far so happy to back him at this price. Also taking the overs on the maximums as the line looks a tad low. Both have been scoring really well and are two of the heaviest scorers in the game when playing well. I'd expect us to see 12 legs at the very least which should allow enough time for both guys to chip away and cover this line. Phil Taylor (-2.5 legs) to beat Simon Whitlock- 4/5 BlueSquare- (4/10) Going to back Taylor for the first time so far in the tournament as I expected this handicap to be a leg higher in truth. I had my doubts about the Power before the PL but he has really shown why he is the best player that will ever play the game. He hasn't averaged any lower than 108 in the tournament so far which is incredible and averaged over 112 last week against Barney who was playing superbly as well. At times against Lewis and last week against Barney, he literally didn't miss anything and I really worry for Whitlock here. The Aussie hasn't really produced his best darts in the tournament so far and he was comfortably beaten by Painter last week and his heavy scoring was a bit absent. If he is to stand any chance tomorrow, he'll need to bring his A game and so far we just haven't seen it from him. Although I still fancy him to come in the top 4, I really don't see him getting much out of Taylor tomorrow night. If the Power gets ahead early, there's only one way that this match will go and that's a comfortable Taylor win and I'd expect him to win and cover this handicap in the process. Adrian Lewis to beat Gary Anderson- 11/8 William Hill- (5/10) Adrian Lewis (Most 180s) vs Gary Anderson- 13/8 BlueSquare- (3/10) I really can't ignor this price on Lewis here and I see absolutely no reason why some bookies are having the Scot as the favourite coming into this one. For the first 2 weeks, he averaged nothing shy of terrible and last week he was struggling early on before he finally managed to throw some decent darts. Regardless of those final few legs against Wade, I'm still not overly convinced about Anderson and I still don't think he'll make the semis. Although he's already got 4 points, his first 3 opponents IMO are the easiest guys to play in the PL as if the Scot would have played the likes of Taylor, Lewis, Barney or Whitlock, he certainly wouldn't have had any joy and that's how I see the match going tomorrow. Lewis didn't play particularly well last week I didn't think but I expect him to be better here. He was struggling a touch with illness which affected his practice a little bit but he's fully recovered now I think so we should see the kind of performance that drew with Taylor and Barney. If he plays like he did against those two guys, he'll win this one, no doubts about it. Even if Anderson finally finds his range, he misses too many doubles to beat Lewis and Jackpot won't miss his chances you don't imagine. I still just can't back Anderson at the minute though, with his scoring not as ruthless as it usually is and the doubles still being that huge weakness of his, have to fancy Lewis to maintain his unbeaten start and pick up his first win in the league. I'm also going to back the world champion to hit the most maximums here. I've already spoken about how I expect him to win and if he gets ahead, I'm not so sure about how Anderson will react to going down a few legs. So far in the tournament he really hasn't been hitting the amount of 180s that he usually does and his scoring as been a bit hit and miss, with a lot of stray darts in the 1 and 5 beds. Lewis however has been hitting them consistently, much more often than he did at Ally Pally actually and he just looks to be far more at ease on the big stage at the minute. No doubt the champ will want a bit of revenge for the final defeat to Anderson in this competition last year so given the prices of Lewis in these 2 markets, going to favour him here to win and in the process, outscore his opponent on the 180 front.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 +4.5pts for me after three weeks. Once again I'm all about the value. I'll go with 3 initially. 3pts K.Painter to beat J.Wade 9/5 Boylesports Kevin Painter has impressed me so far in this Premier League. His belief has been at a level I've never seen from him and it's good to see actually. James Wade seems to me like he hasn't fully recovered from that collapse in the semi final of the World Championship. His doubling in this tournament has not been of the standard we would come to expect from someone as machine like on tops and tens as he is. Ironically he's probably scored as heavily in the first three weeks of this tournament as he has for a good while but scores for show etc etc. Finishing has been Kevin Painter's forte. He checked out five ton plus finishes in the opening two weeks of the competition and for a guy who always scores pretty solidly he'll always be tough to beat when the big outshots are going in too. Painter is really enjoying his Premier League experience and I see no reason why he won't continue to enjoy that here. He's playing cracking darts, certainly up there with the best darts of his career and he's showing no signs of letting up. Wade needs a win so there's a bit more pressure on him whereas whatever happens in this tournament maybe apart from if qualifying becomes a serious reality, Painter is under no pressure at all. I'll take Painter's unpressurised arm over Wade's pressured arm here. 4pts R.Barneveld to beat A.Hamilton Evs Blue Square Raymond Barneveld has played tremendously well in this tournament so far and but for Phil Taylor he's been the player of the tournament for me. Now all he needs is some luck to go on top of that and I think he could find that this week. Sometimes darts players impress me more in defeat than they do in victory and that was the case for me with Barney last week. Often when he's getting rolled over his head dips, especially against Taylor, and the head shaking begins but there was none of that last week and Barney did everything he could to stay close to Taylor while accepting at the same time that Taylor was unbeatable last week. Barneveld's performances in this event have been excellent though and as long as his standard remains I think he'll win this one. Hamilton won in the opening week of the tournament before letting the crowd get to him in Aberdeen. He played well against Lewis last week but for me I just think Hamilton might miss a crucial double somewhere, especially under a predicted barrage of scoring from Barneveld. Barney was 4/4 on his doubles last week. 4 180's on top of that too. He would have beaten anyone except the man he was unfortunate to be playing last week. A repeat of that and the Dutchman will pick up his first win of the tournament here. Barneveld has won the last 14 meetings between these two men and I think he will make it 15 on the bounce here. 5pts P.Taylor (-2.5 legs) to beat S.Whitlock 4/5 Blue Square I'm a little bit wary of taking this having already been caught out on a Taylor handicap this season but I do like the line and price here. We saw last week something that I have often thought for a good while in that Whitlock is a horrible chaser when he gets 2-3 legs behind. His scoring went completely and his finishing didn't look much better and Kevin Painter with steady, consistent darts and no more than that I would say, was able to pull away and deliver a bit of a tonking to the Australian. Although Whitlock throws first here I do think he will fall behind at some point. Taylor's worst average in this tournament is a mere 108. That is absolutely as ridiculous as it sounds. Whitlock's best by contrast was 96 and loose change. Last week there were 21pts difference in their averages. We've seen more and more in recent months that when the pressure arrives Whitlock's prestine finishing doesn't stand up to the pressure and he will be under pressure here, especially if Taylor brings a 112 average to Exeter with him. Taylor has enjoyed 4 wins over Whitlock in the Premier League. 2 of them 8-3 and 2 of them 8-5. In fairness to Whitlock, their last three meetings have all gone to a deciding leg. He's lost them all but they all went all the way, the latest of which coming in the World Cup. Taylor was pants in that tournament though and still beat Whitlock 7-6 when he was 6-4 down. Since then Taylor's game has gone up massively and Whitlock's has dipped a fair bit to be fair. I really think Taylor will win this and if he gets ahead early he should win this quite cosily. Despite him throwing second I still think there's a win for him in this by at least a couple of breaks of throw.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 Had a lean on Hamilton most 180s, but i don’t like the odds. Last weeks every week 10+ odd and every week he win. 2/10 van Barneveld tb. Hamilton @ 1.91 Barney playing very well last weeks. He find his power back and I think he can beat Hamilton here in this match. 3/10 van Barneveld - Hamilton total 180s over 7.5 @ 2.00 Hamilton throwing a lot off 180s in every week last weeks. Barney throws every week 3/4/5 180s and I see enough value in the over here. 3/10 Whitlock - Taylor highest check-out over 121.5 @ 1.83 Both players throws very well last weeks and can throw a lot off high check-outs. But I think this line is to low here. 4/10 Total 180s deze week? Over 27.5 @ 1.83 Nice line, a lot off close matches and i do really like it here. 5/10 Lewis tb. Anderson @ 2.37 Lewis playing well last weeks, every week he had a draw but he playing good. Anderson, I don’t like him the last weeks. Playing not good, but he grows every week. Like to play Lewis here.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 2 more for me tonight. 4pts Over 26.5 180's 4/5 Paddy Power I quite like this line too. So far in the Premier League this season we've had 31, 26 and 31 180's and in the week where we had 26 Painter and Taylor produced just 3 in their match. When you consider Taylor has hit 13 on his own in the other two weeks we can put that down as an anomaly and last week would be nearer the norm I think. This week we have the two lowest 180 scorers in the tournament so far against each other so we won't have two matches where the legs are one sided like we could have when they play other people. The other three matches have the potential for a lot of 180's especially the Lewis vs Anderson match. Barneveld vs Hamilton should deliver too and those two matches could easily go close to covering this target on their own. Throw in the other two matches and I think we will see at least 27 180's in the night but I think it will be nearer 33-35. 1pt R.Barneveld Most 180's in the night 12/1 William Hill Big price this. Barneveld has been scoring really nicely in this tournament. He's hit 4, 4 and 5 180's in the three weeks so far and on top of that he's the top 140 scorer in the tournament to date too with 32. If he can make one or two of those 140's become 180's this evening then he's going to go very close in this market I think. Of course Lewis and Anderson are dangers but they will be going at it against each other. Barneveld takes on another danger in Hamilton but what I like about Barney is he is playing an opponent he has beaten 14 times in a row so he should be completely relaxed and confident and I've a feeling we might see the lipstick take an absolute battering from the Dutchman this evening. If he can score 5 it will give him a chance. 6 or more and he's a very strong runner. At 12/1 I'll pay to see if he can convert a couple more of those 140's into 180's.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 Only just got in from shopping :$ I've got 7-7 here this Hamilton v Barney game, and 8-6 to Hamilton. Quickly, I just think Barney has raised his game v the 'big guns' but now it's a game he is expected to win, I'd rather be against him this time at the bigger prices whilst seeing how he will cope with that this year

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4

Only just got in from shopping :$ I've got 7-7 here this Hamilton v Barney game' date=' and 8-6 to Hamilton. Quickly, I just think Barney has raised his game v the 'big guns' but now it's a game he is expected to win, I'd rather be against him this time at the bigger prices whilst seeing how he will cope with that this year[/quote'] Forgot the prices - 9/2 with WH and 7/1 with the same firm

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4

Only just got in from shopping :$ I've got 7-7 here this Hamilton v Barney game' date=' and 8-6 to Hamilton. Quickly, I just think Barney has raised his game v the 'big guns' but now it's a game he is expected to win, I'd rather be against him this time at the bigger prices whilst seeing how he will cope with that this year[/quote'] Pretty sickening!! Feel like I've had a few slip by like that in the opening few weeks :puke Can't disagree with the comments about the Whitlock - Taylor game already posted. Taylor's been, amazingly, better than ever over the opening 3 games, whilst the Wizard struggles to come from behind but also struggles to finish opponents off. Taylor's 100% against the Aussie in the past 2 Premier Leagues, and there's no reason to expect that statistic to change tonight. 1.25pts Taylor to win 8-2 @ 9/1 WH 1.25pts Taylor to win 8-4 @ 5/1 WH

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 4 Anderson v Lewis finally, repeat of the 2011 World Champs Final, and given the current form of the pair of them I have to go for a repeat outcome. Anderson's won 2 so far, somehow. He was woeful against Hamilton, but Hamilton was worse. He was poor and looked beaten against Wade, before suddenly clicking on. If Lewis gets a sniff of Anderson being 'off' though, he'll punish him relentlessly. Adey knows he needs more points on the board too, and can't afford to cede a further 2 to the Scotsman tonight. Pushing the boat out, and going for a comfortable Jackpot win. 1.25pts Lewis to win 8-2 @ 20/1 WH 1.25pts Lewis to win 8-4 @ 7/1 WH