March Vegas Trip

Goldenjaguar

Re: March Vegas Trip

Arrived on Sunday, and it's a bit breezy today :unsure First tournament of the hols at either Harrah's or Caesar's at 3pm today (just under an hour to decide). Managed to get a cracking upgrade at the Palazzo after an upgrade on the Virgin direct flight over here ("would you and your wife care to help us out by sitting in the exit row seats?" Would I? :loon) Jag - if you're here over St Patrick's Day, remember to tell the group to wear something green - the whole town goes nuts and they all seem to become Irish for the day :beer :beer:beer- as a guideline, NOTHING is too tacky for Vegas on Paddy's day :ok
:nana Have a great time! Were arriving Monday bout 3pm, cant wait!! Pm me your mobile and we`ll meet up for a few bevies at some point!!

Re: March Vegas Trip No word from Jag yet - can't believe he hasn't logged on to PL while he's been here ;) No joy at Harrah's last week (7th of 24, top 3 paid) or Caesar's later on (13th of 35, top 5 paid), so final tournament of the holiday is Wednesday morning's 10am tourney at Planet Hollywood. Still having a great time drinking at the slots, and Mrs McG has finally regained her touch as the "Bonus Queen", so it's all good in the 'hood :ok. Favourite slots this year are "The Hangover", "Clue" and "Ghostbusters". Missing Cheltenham much more than I thought I would, and I've only missed out on Day 1 so far, but we will be home for the Gold Cup on Friday.

No word from Jag yet - can't believe he hasn't logged on to PL while he's been here ;) No joy at Harrah's last week (7th of 24, top 3 paid) or Caesar's later on (13th of 35, top 5 paid), so final tournament of the holiday is Wednesday morning's 10am tourney at Planet Hollywood. Still having a great time drinking at the slots, and Mrs McG has finally regained her touch as the "Bonus Queen", so it's all good in the 'hood :ok. Favourite slots this year are "The Hangover", "Clue" and "Ghostbusters". Missing Cheltenham much more than I thought I would, and I've only missed out on Day 1 so far, but we will be home for the Gold Cup on Friday.
Sorry mcg, we've had probe getting internet working on phones :( we gna play the 2pm tourny in flamingo today if your around

Heres one of McG and us in flamingo $80 bountyhunter :)
Well Mark, I'm delighted that I made such a massive impression on you - this photo was from a different day :lol When I played, I was in the 6 seat, with Barry in 7, you in 8 and Dave in 9 :loon Am I supposed to be the bald guy or the one with the massive headphones?

Well Mark, I'm delighted that I made such a massive impression on you - this photo was from a different day :lol When I played, I was in the 6 seat, with Barry in 7, you in 8 and Dave in 9 :loon Am I supposed to be the bald guy or the one with the massive headphones?
oops wrong piccie, ill find the other lol

• 3 weeks later...
Restaurant vouchers: http://www.restaurant.com/Info/LandingPage/City/LasVegas-Restaurants (type in the Zip Code of your hotel to search more easily, then type in the discount code "score" when you get to the payment part, to save 70% of the cost). For instance, pick up a $50 voucher for Michael Mann's Strip Steak at Mandalay Bay for $20 less a further 70% - so it's now only $6. You've got to buy 2 entrees, but that's no problem. Another example - pick up a $100 voucher for Pampas Churrascaria in Miracle Mile for $13.50 (minimum $200 spend). Other restaurants have similar restrictions, but if there's a few of you going, there will be something to suit. It doesn't include all of the finest restaurants in Las Vegas, but gives you a few interesting options.
Has anyone used these vouchers ? Do they work ok ?

Has anyone used these vouchers ? Do they work ok ?
We have used them for the last 3 years, and never had a problem. They make more expensive places a bit more affordable, especially if there are 3 or more of you eating at the same time. Check the restrictions, and be aware that they will usually add tax and a 18% service charge BEFORE making the deduction. In my earlier example, my wife and I could have had an expensive (but classy) Kobe Burger for $25 each at Michael Mina's Stripsteak at Mandalay Bay, at a combined cost of approx $20 ($6 voucher plus $14 extras) instead of $64. The fact that I took the opportunity to have a humungous Porterhouse steak with onions at a discounted price was my choice.

Re: March Vegas Trip Cheers McG. :ok When I had a look there was at least 1 already that was on my list I planned to go to (Fleur by Hubert Keller) so definitely will use it. More I save more I can throw away at the tables :lol

Another place to recommend is the snazzy Greek restaurant in the Cosmopolitan' date=' Milos, who do a cracking 3-course meal at lunchtime for $20.12, with it being 2012[/quote'] Cool, cheers for the tip - missus loves Greek food so will go down well - she'll enjoy a change to the steak diet I'm planning all week :loon