BBOTD Thursday 22nd of September

Aidymac

Captain Royale - Pontefract 3:40 Class 5 Handicap 5f Good To Firm There are a few in this race with good chances, it is a tough competitive race, the ones i think have chances are Captain Royale, Gooseberry Bush and Tislaam. However i have been swayed with Captain Royale. This horse was outclassed in Class 2 company last time out behind Nasri but it had a good 2nd in June at Ripon and was ahead of Captain Scooby that day who has come out and franked the form by winning a couple of days ago in a competitive handicap. Interestingly Captain Royale has only ever run at Pontefract once and it won on that occasion, this is the scene of its last win also and that was off a mark of 72, and tomorrow it runs off 72 again. The trainer Tracy Waggott has hit a purple patch also, having won with her last 2 runners @ 20/1 and 9/1 and this is her only runner tomorrow, i think it is overpriced also as the last time it won was in a better class also, in Class 4. 18/1 is too big for me. Desert Strike is down in grade but runs off the same mark and has had 3 shocking runs in a row, hard to back. Lucky Dan went off favourite last time out in better class but did not perform. Is now down in grade and 1 pound lower and likes the ground so i cant discount this horse from putting up a bold show. Select Committee won last time out but only by a neck and the 6 pounds penalty should be enough to stop a follow-up. Will probably get going too late and prefers to run at Beverley. Dancng Freddy was well behind Select Committee last time out and is too much hit and miss so hard to have a bet on it. Mey Blossom is out of form of late, finishing last on 2 of its last 3 runs. Blinkers had no effect last time out but did win on this ground off a 5 pounds higher mark in better grade last year so i would not discount at a very big price. Bond Fastrac i dont fancy one bit. Won last time out but that was in Class 6 on heavy ground at Carlisle. Also up 6 pounds, not for me! Commanche Raider ran in the 5:40 Redcar today and went off favourite. Never threatened so not going near it and may be a N/R tomorrow. Mr Wolf hasnt won for a good while now, ran ok off same mark last time out but needs to show more before backing with confidence. Gooseberry Bush won at Ffos Las two starts back and ran really well last time out, 2nd at Sandown. Is up another 2 pounds but has Silvestre De Sousa booked to ride and Mata Hari Blue, who was behind a couple of starts ago has franked the form by winning today. Would be a big threat to my selection i feel. Lady Kildare won 2 of its last 3 races but is too high in the weights now i feel. Tislaam is another with a big chance. Course winner running very well and has been knocking on the door. Traded @ 1.97, 2.10 and 1.44 on its last 3 runs and runs off the same mark but finds it hard to get its head in front and the 5f may be too sharp. Silvanus has Hanagan onboard tomorrow and was 2nd last time out but that was a Class 6 race and should find it tougher in Class 5 off 1 pound higher. All in all i think Captain Royale is good value and is worth a bet, ticks a lot of boxes! Gooseberry Bush i see being the main danger. WIN @ 18/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Thursday 22nd of September 14:25 Newmarket Magic City Win (4,00) Bet365 This two year old already got 8 races behind him. His debut was won under simular going, but since then the highlights was three, second place. In this race he might get back no winning track, if he stays up front and gets to use his speed on the final furlongs.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.