BBOTD Tues 19th

chris34

2.50 Folkestone Not the classiest race to get involved in but there is a runner I have been keen on in the past running in it. Top weight Lord Of The Reins is starting to look dangerously well handicapped but has become better known for his AW exploits and its a long time since he showed much worthwhile form on the turf. Did win 2 AW handicaps in spring but failed to build on them with new yard and since been given a break and doesnt jump out in this bunch as clearly has plenty to prove back on the turf. The Strig is another that his only win has come on the AW in a January maiden so clearly not the strongest and has never looked like winning another race since failing to beat nearly every rival home this season. Bateleur has become rather inconsistent and doesnt have the best record when a race is run at a dawdle and with only one front runner in the field he is unlikely to get the strong pace required. Know No Fear has done all his winning over sprint trips (except one win over a mile on fibresand) and hasnt tackled a sprint trip for some time and has slipped a long way in the weights and looks well handicapped on AW form yard can ready them and can ready them to land a touch. And very useful apprentice takes off a further 5lb and although has no great record fresh this race is weak. Avonvalley comes from the Peter Grayson yard that generally struggle for winners and although she seemed to do remarkebly well last time out off a basement level mark of 45 that was on fast ground, although has won on G/S a 3lb rise and the tendency for Graysons runners to bounce is very off putting despite her looking well treated on best form. Cloth Ears is the other interesting runner in this field, she is the only front runner and could get a very soft lead in this field and she showed some form when ridden from the front last time on soft ground, and any form has come with cut in the ground so that also offers hope, dropped another 3lb in the handicap and might just get soft time of things. 1pt win Cloth Ears

Re: BBOTD Tues 19th Switchback - Beverley 4:30 Class 5 handicap over 1 mile on good to firm ground. My selection Switchback two starts back was a very close 2nd in a Class 4 and traded at a low of 1.12 in running, will like the trip and the ground and will take all the beating down in grade. Adorable Choice has it all to do in my opinion. Up 6 pounds for winning by a head in same class and trip last time out may undo it, especially as it finishes late. Lady Sledmere has a chance with Hanagan onboard again but on a stiff handicap mark and the win last time out was over 7 furlongs. Oasis Storm is in woeful form, being tailed off on its last few outings. Cannot back it. Save The Bees i feel is a danger to my selection. Up 3 pounds for a very good 2nd last time out but Jason Hart takes off 7 pounds which effectively means it is 4 pounds lighter than its last run, so must have a squeak. Abidhabidubai has won its last 2 races but may struggle tomorrow. Has never won in handicap company and those wins came in poor Class 6 races. Iceblast may have a squeak at a big price but is hard to back. Has been running in Class 4 company the past while and has fallen to a very leniant mark, however has not been running well. Ryedale Dancer is consistent enough at this level but since it won off 63 has found it tough off a mark of 66 since then. May get a place though. St Oswald has Silvestre De Sousa on board which can only improve its chances but Save The Bees finished 2 places ahead of it last time out so on a balance of form is hard to see it beating Save The Bees. So overall i see the Stoute trained horse Switchback with a good chance to win the race. Looked a sure winner in a better grade race two starts back, will love the ground and the 9/2 may not last. I think it is decent value. WIN @ 9/2 Bet365 BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.