New Season Wrimc's Boxing Thread

wrimc

Towards the end of last season I started a boxing thread which after a good solid start slowly went downhill. I thought that with this being the start of a new boxing season tonight it might be an opportune time to start a new thread. I think my downfall last time with the few selections I did make was a tendency to attempt to pick every fight. My success has always come from picking one or two fights correctly and staking high on the outcome. So I hope to be more selective and hopefully more successful as a result:ok So here is to a good season of boxing betting :cheers :hope

Re: New Season Wrimc's Boxing Thread 3/8/11 Stuart Hall v Jamie McDonnell Bet: Hall to win @ Betfair 2.18 Stake:£10 Great fight to start the new boxing season all British triple title bout with the Commonwealth British and European title's all on the line. Each of these fighters have had a rapid rise to prominence in the past 12-18months. Mcdonnell captured the British title and then European from Ian Napa then Jerome Arnould respectively. Since his win over Napa McDonnell has looked better and better a high output fighter his workrate and stamina see him keep up a fast pace for 12 rounds. Hall also won the title which McDonnell vacated against Ian Napa this time forcing a retirement in the 8th. He then quickly won the belt outright stopping each of his opponents impressively along the way. Hall is a strong fighter who overwhelms his opposition with his heavy hands and cute shot selection. Both fighters will know this will be a grueling fight McDonnell proved he could go into the trenches in a spectacular defence of his European title against game Belgian Stephan Jamoye. Hall however has demolished everybody placed in front of him. I expect McDonnell to take an early lead with his work rate but Hall heavy damaging shots will take their toll as he begins to assert his dominance. McDonnell will keep coming back with shots but Hall is strong enough to walk through and land the meaningful hurtful shots of his own. Hall will most likely win a close but clear one on points or possibly by late stoppage.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.