Fantasy Football - profitable?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section... We run a FF league in the office and of the two years I've played I've ended up scooping 1st and 2nd places. Obviously these are my circumstances, and playing against mostly Arsenal fans (they had Chamakh like all season long) so to win that prize was fairly easy. I'm wondering how the pay-to-enter leagues fare. I assume the ones run by the Sun etc are again full of fairly unknowledgable big four fans, but paying a company to take part always seemed like a bit of a good way to ruin a hobby - office banter. What are peoples opinions/success stories/anecdotes with the FF stuff? I'm going to run a Last Man Standing league this year with the work lot, so I guess if anyone does this then I'd be interested to hear!

Re: Fantasy Football - profitable?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section... We run a FF league in the office and of the two years I've played I've ended up scooping 1st and 2nd places. Obviously these are my circumstances, and playing against mostly Arsenal fans (they had Chamakh like all season long) so to win that prize was fairly easy. I'm wondering how the pay-to-enter leagues fare. I assume the ones run by the Sun etc are again full of fairly unknowledgable big four fans, but paying a company to take part always seemed like a bit of a good way to ruin a hobby - office banter. What are peoples opinions/success stories/anecdotes with the FF stuff? I'm going to run a Last Man Standing league this year with the work lot, so I guess if anyone does this then I'd be interested to hear!
We had a Fantasy Premier League mini league on here, there is a Sun Dream Team mini league set up already and then there is the I Know The Score competition too. I was leading the Fantasy Premier one for a while but then a few weeks when I forgot to make transfers/changes cost me badly and I dropped away. I won the Sun Mini League organised by Bowles off here but most of the time they are not very profitable unless you run a mini league with friends and everyone chips in a £10 for example. We did run a £5 entry mini league for the Fantasy Premier League but only about 6 of us joined it. I'll move this post to the relevant Fantasy Games section but leave a link in case you wonder where your post went. :ok

Re: Fantasy Football - profitable?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section... I'm wondering how the pay-to-enter leagues fare. I assume the ones run by the Sun etc are again full of fairly unknowledgable big four fans, but paying a company to take part always seemed like a bit of a good way to ruin a hobby - office banter.!
Well it's extremely difficult to scoop any sort of prize. Take The Sun dream team for example. This year any individual is able to enter up to 60 teams and many knowledgeable people on FISO will enter the maximum of 60 + all the other syndicates.