Tennis betting Q's

soitgoes

Hello guys, trying to start up here betting but you know how that goes. I'm starting small but confused a bit. Could anyone tell me how this asian handicapping works below? Not sure how to read this. Asian Handicap Tennis 1. Haas vs IIhan Haas +1.5 sets 2 Fish vs Mello Fish -5.5 games

Re: Tennis betting Q's Fairly straightforward once you get the hang of it. Basically for the 1st bet, Haas starts with a +1.5 set headstart. If he loses in straight sets 3-0 (I'm assuming this is for the French Open where it's three sets to win), then the bet will be a loser as the handicap score will be 3-1.5. If Haas was to lose in the 5th set though ie. 3-2 on sets. Then the bet would be a winner as the score including the handicap would read 3-3.5 in Haas' favour. The same thing applies to number of games in a match. That bet would mean Mardy Fish starts with a -5.5 game disadvantage, so he would have to win 6 more games than Mello for the bet to be settled a winner. If the final score read 7-6 6-4 6-4 to Fish then the bet would be a loser as Fish has only won by five games in total (19 games to Fish, 14 to Mello). If however it went 6-3 6-3 6-2, then it would be a comfortable winner as Fish has then won eight more games than Mello and would cover the -5.5 disadvantage. # The games handicap is usually preferred as it doesn't take into account the number of sets in a match. Sometimes a lesser known opponent can take a few sets off a better player in say a few tie-breaks for example but still lose the match comfortably on games. Todays match between Rafael Nadal and John Isner being a prime example. That match today went 6-4 6-7 6-7 6-2 6-4 to Nadal. Even though it went to five sets, Nadal still covered a -5.5 game handicap in the match as he won a few sets by a decent margin. I tried to explain that as best as I could. Hope it helps :ok