Snooker: The Masters - 9-16 Jan

Spooner

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: The Masters - 9-16 Jan 1pt E-W S.Murphy to win The Masters @ 10/1 Ladbrokes (2, 1/2) I'm taking a player from each half of the draw, this was a difficult choice because in this half we have Selby who has a brilliant record here and comes into this as defending champion, John Higgins & Mark Williams are also in this half but this is The Masters and you have to beat the best. Shaun Murphy was unlucky not to reach the final of the UK Champs just the other month, he was cueing well and is definitely favourite to get past Jamie Cope in the opener, Cope is to be respected but you feel that Murphy would edge it over the best of 11. Should Selby get past Mark King then the two will meet in the quarter's, Selby with he's record will be favourite but I wouldn't say a huge favourite, Murphy's been in good form finishing top of the order of merit on the players tour, ahead of Selby. He'll then meet one of Higgins, Williams, Ding or Dott which again you wouldn't have him as a huge underdog, Shaun's more than capable of making the final from this half of the draw. 10/1 is probably about right if not a bit stingy but I think Murphy will go well in this tournament. 1pt E-W S.Maguire to win The Masters @ 14/1 Stan James (2, 1/2) I'm avoiding the possible clash between O'Sullivan & Robertson as there is little value in their outrights, I was looking at one from four in this half and the player I chose is Stephen Maguire. Last year's semi finalist here has got to a couple of finals on the players tour, he reached the quarter's of both UK Champs and World Open. He'll be strong favourite to beat Marco in the opener but its no gimmie, nothing is in this event, if he does get past Marco then quarter final with either Ebdon or Carter will be in store, he'll be fav to beat Ebdon but nothing will split him in Carter in the betting, I fancy Maguire to get to the semi's and then the real tough match will come with it likely to be Ronnie or Robertson but will be on at a nice price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.