You're the One for Me.........

Wednesday 08/12/2004 Lingfield 12:20 SAVERNAKE BRAVE f/c. 9/2 Can throw it away at the start but last week´s second in similar event at Southwell gives him every chance if as effective on this surface. LTO Savernake Brave again gave away ground at the start. He was produced to win his race inside the last, but although he kept on to the finish, the winner proved just too strong.

Re: Wolverhampton 01:25 Friday 10/12/2004 Wolverhampton 01:25 RANCHO CUCAMONGA f/c. 7/2 Won Southwell claimer in November and did well to get so close to Ryedane over C&D last time (fared best of those to come from off pace); claims but needs things to drop right from wide draw. LTO. Rancho Cucamonga made a winning debut on sand when landing a reasonable claimer over this trip at Southwell on her previous start and only just failed to follow up on this switch to Polytrack. In this sort of form, she looks worth having on your side this winter.

Re: Lingfield 12:20 RESULT

2nd Drawn 10 ¾l Rancho Cucamonga (IRE) 2J Fanning 9-4
9 0T Barron
Held up towards rear, headway on outside over 1f out, ran on Opened 11/4
earlier this year i added a rule to the Quick System NO FILLYS ON ALL WEATHER TRACKS UNLESS IN FILLY ONLY RACES. i know this isn't that system but that rule is a good one. today i went against it. never again :( sorry guys ralphie

Re: Southwell 01:40 and 02:45 Saturday 11/12/2004 Southwell 01:40 MACARONI GOLD f/c. 6/4 Dual scorer here this time last year and back on a winning mark; strong in the market ahead of his recent AW return and may well have won but for taking enough of a grip early and hanging left in the finish; obvious chance. LTO Macaroni Gold, returning from a 49-day break, was 5lb lower than when winning a fibresand handicap at Southwell just over a year previously and was only just held, despite hanging to his left under pressure. He has been given a real chance by the handicapper and should make the most of it in the coming weeks, especially considering he is effective at all three sand tracks. ======================================================== Southwell 02:45 UP TEMPO f/c. 6/1 Has always gone through periods of being in/out of form and the former the case at the moment; will have his followers again from a fair draw but today´s longer trip off this mark and under 9st9lb might just stretch him. LTO UP TEMPO slowly into stride, Soon in touch, Kept on and every chance 1f. out. Ran on . ( op.5/2 ) He had Stormy Nature and Samuel Charles behind when winning over course and distance a fortnight ago, He confirmed the placings with that pair but found the winner just too good.

Re: You're the One for Me......... RESULT

1st Drawn 10 Macaroni Gold (IRE) 4N Callan 9-4
9 7W Jarvis
Prominent, led over 1f out, ridden out Opened 5/2, touched 11/4
3rd Drawn 6 1½ l Up Tempo (IRE) 6N Callan 7-1
9 9K Ryan
Chased leaders, lost place over 5f out, soon pushed along, headway 3f out, not clear run over 1f out, soon switched right, stayed on inside final furlong Opened 6/1, touched 7/1

Re: You're the One for Me......... Monday 13/12/2004 Wolverhampton 03:10 BLYTHE SPIRIT f/c. 4/1 Remained in good form since completing a hat-trick with back-to-back wins over C&D in October, seemingly unaffected by removal of usual cheekpieces when splitting Kostar and Johnston´s Diamond in classified stakes here last time; should go well again. LTO Blythe Spirit, a dual course-and-distance winner for Richard Fahey in October, ran a good deal better than on his debut for his current yard and was staying on strongly all the way to the line. He should find another race here on this evidence.

Re: You're the One for Me......... Tuesday 14/12/2004 Southwell 12:20 MOUNT ROYALE f/c. 9/4 Back-to-back wins in February included one over this C&D and bounced back to form with visor back on when pipped off this mark over this C&D on Saturday; has won after just a few days rest, so every reason to expect bold show. LTO Mount Royale did very well considering the way the race was run as he was one of two who battled for the lead for much of the way but still had enough left to go down only narrowly. This was a considerable step up on his last couple of runs with the visor back on, he goes well here and he should give another good account next time. ====================================================== Southwell 02:50 MAGIC RED f/c.6/4 Dual 1m6f fibresand winner in July and showed he´s still very competitive despite climb in weights when clear second over that trip here on Saturday; bit below par over today´s distance on Polytrack but never going that day and stamina not the reason forthat reverse; obvious chance. LTO Magic Red is also well treated - though he may never justify the assessment that saw his starting life in handicaps on a mark of 78, he has been doing very well in this sphere of late. The form of his second to an unexposed rival off a mark 2lb lower than this last time had worked out well, and he ran another fine race here, leading after 5f and fighting back well in the closing stages. He is well up to wining again.

Re: You're the One for Me......... RESULT

2nd Drawn 8 nk Mount Royale (IRE) 6Kim Tinkler 4-1
8 9N Tinkler
Keen, in touch, ridden and every chance over 2f out, stayed on close home Opened 4/1
3rd Drawn 8 5l Magic Red 4I Mongan 10-11
9 2M Ryan
Ridden to lead approaching 2f, ridden and headed over 4f out, soon beaten Opened evens, touched 11/10 £330-£300, even £1000, even £500(x9), even £300, including office money

Re: You're the One for Me......... Wednesday 15/12/2004 Lingfield 01:30 SEEJAY f/c. 8/1 Inconsistent maiden but fair effort in this grade over C&D last time (holds Lysander´s Quest) and another to consider in an open event. LTO Seejay travelled well and went to the front over 2f out. She looked sure to win but was nailed close home. This was her best effort in a while and she ought to win a similar race. ======================================================= Lingfield 03:00 PIQUET f/c. 7/2 Has won three times at this course and ran well given she didn´t really get the run of the race over 1m at this course last time; return to this trip ideal and sure to go well, despite conceding weight all round. LTO The first four finishers were all held up at the rear of the field, but there is a strong suggestion that favourite Piquet, who came from furthest back, was given a bit too much to do. Piquet's rider was content to sit back in last place after dropping him in from a slowish start, and although the filly travelled well, she was not asked to make her move until rounding the home turn.

Re: You're the One for Me......... VERY SORRY todays Selections should not be selections for the simple reason they are fillies/mares on the ALL WEATHER TRACKS I do not pick the ladies on ALL WEATHER TRACKS see earlier in this thread. my mistake i forgot to check this i had a late night last night went to see Morissey at Birmingham - BRILLIANT NIGHT didn't get back home until 4 am BIT WORSE FOR WEAR THIS MORNING SEEJAY has got beat and i have just re-checked SEEJAY AND PIQUET should not be selections. VERY SORRY IF YOU BACKED THEM I HOPE PIQUET GOES IN TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK ralphie

Re: You're the One for Me......... Piquet was pretty unlucky so it was a gd enough shout for me ralphie!! Seejay was tipped by many, so not just yourself. Any one backing horses solely on your selections does so at their own risk, so therfor is there problem if they lose. They wouldn't complain if they had won!! Nice thread this, a few good winners. See how far Ralphie can take it. Col

Re: You're the One for Me......... Col Cheers mate :ok Herp what am I like Herp As Anthony said to Cleopatra As he opened a crate of ale : Oh, I say : Some girls are bigger than others :tongue2 Some girls are bigger than others Some girl's mothers are bigger than Other girl's mothers But Remember NO FILLIES IN A/W RACES UNLESS FILLY ONLY RACES

Re: You're the One for Me......... Friday 17/12/2004 Wolverhampton 04:50 ACENDERE f/c. 9/2 Only eight starts; unexposed at this sort of trip before he went close, caught by Zhitomir well inside final 1f, in C&D contest last Friday; good chance to play prominent role again, though interesting to see that he now also has tongue tied for first time. In a tight race, Accendere may come on from last week's first experience of this track to turn the tables on Zhitomir. LTO Accendere, having his first run on the track, looked the likely winner a furlong out but Zhitomir's late surge was more than he could cope with. Perhaps a stronger gallop would have suited him better. Accendere is NOT A FILLY :lol