Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - Test Series

Apologies for the late posting of this thread. Thought it was just going to be a quiet betting type series but then looking through the TV schedule I notice the whole tour is on British Eurosport so more markets and in-running plays will be around. West Indies, under new stewardship, head to Sri Lanka for a 3 match test series which begins in the early hours of the morning. Darren Sammy is now leading the West Indies so it will be interesting to see how he does. Sri Lanka will be buoyed by their ODI series win in Australia so it's all geared up for an interesting series. Schedule:

Mon Nov 15 - Fri Nov 19 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT 1st Test - Sri Lanka v West Indies Galle International Stadium
N/A
Tue Nov 23 - Sat Nov 27 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT 2nd Test - Sri Lanka v West Indies R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
N/A
Wed Dec 1 - Sun Dec 5 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 04:30 GMT 3rd Test - Sri Lanka v West Indies Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
N/A

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka vs West Indies - Test Series One outright for me in this series. 3-0 Sri Lanka looks good and is a fair price but I always walk into rain in Sri Lanka when I take correct scores. 2pts S.Shillingford Top West Indies Series Batsman 11/2 Stan James You'd have to say this is a big price on the young off spinner here. Wickets in Sri Lanka will always suit the spinners more than the seamers, especially the Windies seamers who rely on their pace and bounce more than seam and swing. They won't get much bounce on these wickets. So this market looks set to come down to the three spinners. It's unlikely Chris Gayle will see enough of the bowling crease to be a major factor here so we're down to two. Shane Shillingford and Suliemann Benn. If both were to play the three matches Benn would possibly be favoured but there is no guarantee both will play all three matches. Benn's had his run in's with the authorities in the past and that could go against him although obviously with Chris Gayle no longer captain he may have a clean slate with Darren Sammy. In saying that, Benn has missed matches in the past with back problems so it's far from a certainty that he'll play the 3 matches. Shillingford has no injury worries in his career so far. He took 9 wickets against SA in the series he made his debut in and at 3 times the price of Benn I'll take him to be their tourist's top wicket taker in this series.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.